Muskrat

Chip haters or Chatty Kathy’s???

The same few naysayers just keep pulling the string. I bet they would whine about Bill Bellicek as Oregon HC with Tom Brady Joining him as OC. They’ll say “they can’t recruit”. 
Chip Kelly changed the game forever. & he did it here, and he had the most success of any other coach we’ve ever had. He created a buzz like no other, and he did it here. He put us on the National Stage, mostly all by himself. It was genius!
and He Deserves Another Chance. A huge majority of The Oregon Fan Base Agrees. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Love your optimism. If it's Chip, so be it. But if he cannot recruit LA and he can't? Please check his record since departing Oregon. It is far from pretty.

The scheme has been figured out and he will never be blessed with a group of assistant coaches the quality of those he had at Oregon. Chip would be a last gasp hire. Chip has done nothing at UCLA to earn a big pay raise.

• Thumbs Up 1

As a naysayer, I say nay to Chip.

He revolutionized the game of football at Oregon and deserves everyone's thanks and respect.

Since then, not much has happened to recommend him for the job.

I say it's an attempt to reverse the clock, and climb into a warm bath of nostalgia.

• Thumbs Up 1

My thought is that ANY coach we hire could be risky. As others have said just because a coach has had success or even failure doesnt mean we are going to have the same results as they had before--good or bad.

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Chip would be a slam dunk hire with the proper staff, but I don’t think he would hire the correct staff for defense and recruiting purposes.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, Muskrat said:

He put us on the National Stage, mostly all by himself. It was genius!

Wooooow, Nelly! If Chip did it all by himself, that idea was a large part why he left, too full of himself, then it would have continued. We need to be careful about bringing somebody in to repeat what he did, when he can't even come close to doing it again anywhere else.

There are plenty of coaches who have the same type of record. Let's bring in Coach O, he actually won a national title if we are merely going to try and bring in somebody to do a magic show again.

• Thumbs Up 1

They just keep pulling the same old string🤪

On 12/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, Muskrat said:

He Deserves Another Chance. A huge majority of The Oregon Fan Base Agrees. 

That is not the tally I have seen on the numerous forums, Twitter, etc. Quite the opposite.

Espn-College Football Live!!!

Leading Story 

“Chip Kelly To Oregon”

Sorry Chatty K’s , but keep pulling the string. 
All 3 of you🥸

over & over & over

Now we’re talking!!!

Recruit That Chatty Kathy’s 

Best of the Best, Both sides of the ball

And Recruitment in the sec’s Batk Yard. 

Uncle Phil, 

You can make it happen!!!!!

On 12/10/2021 at 2:03 PM, Muskrat said:

Best of the Best, Both sides of the ball

And Recruitment in the sec’s Batk Yard. 

I don't know. I don't see Georgia's DC coming to be a DC at a rebuilding Oregon. 

I say give me Chip or give me death. He almost beat the Ducks this year, he still has that injured QB thing to work out.... He did beat LSU, the same LSU that was even money with Alabama this year until 46 seconds in the fourth.... He dismantled and embarrassed USC...breaking his old most points vs record that he previously held when Barner went off for 328 rushing yards in a game... He played Fresno State as well as the Ducks did... He handled Stanford....something Cristobal couldn't do..

.. He embarrassed Cal, something Cristobal couldn't do... it's his 4th year at UCLA and as everyone knows it takes 3-4 years (exclude covid debacle)..for a coach to get his guys doing his thing....He did it faster at Oregon because he was Oregon's OC when anybody remember Dixon?... Yeah give me some of that back....

Who recruited the NFL rookie of the year again? Chip Kelly.... Kiko not Herbert.... Who recruited the #1 athlete in the country? De Anthony..Chip Kelly... Who recruited former NFL greats kid Long? Who is still playing in the NFL...Chip Kelly. Buckner? Armstead? Ifo? Mitchell? Fischer? Grasu? If you don't want Chip back you don't know football. ..... Please Phil JUST DO IT.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Finally, Some Sanity!!!!

Keep Quaking! 

On 12/10/2021 at 4:24 PM, Haywarduck said:

Wooooow, Nelly! If Chip did it all by himself, that idea was a large part why he left, too full of himself, then it would have continued. We need to be careful about bringing somebody in to repeat what he did, when he can't even come close to doing it again anywhere else.

There are plenty of coaches who have the same type of record. Let's bring in Coach O, he actually won a national title if we are merely going to try and bring in somebody to do a magic show again.

Chip had an all-world assistant coaching staff handed to him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. And just like now, he was the missing link. None of them created that offense. It took him to do it then and now. And yes, get the best DC & OC (&pay them!) in the country.

“If you build it They will come”

just get him!$!

On 12/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, Muskrat said:

Yes. And just like now, he was the missing link. None of them created that offense. It took him to do it then and now. And yes, get the best DC & OC (&pay them!) in the country.

“If you build it They will come”

just get him!$!

What kind of unique. special O have you seen him create at UCLA?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1