Log Haulin

Lanning could be a bargain.

Lanning makes a little under 2 mil right now. Could you get this guy 4.5 to 5 mil for a couple years before an extention is offered depending on results. Makes Lanning a test drive paid for by Miami. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Lanning works out at Mario’s last salary, Uncle Phil could buy expensive OC and DC coaches.  Maybe even Chip?

On 12/10/2021 at 5:25 PM, Duck1984 said:

If Lanning works out at Mario’s last salary, Uncle Phil could buy expensive OC and DC coaches.  Maybe even Chip?

I highly doubt Chip would take a step down to OC when he's still a HC. UCLA still wants him around after all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He could also be a failure. One never knows.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:36 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

He could also be a failure. One never knows.

Kirby Smart handed him the keys to Bulldogs defense and he tuned it out to the best D in the past decade. But you are right, he could fail. Just like the last 3 Oregon hired. 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:25 PM, Duck1984 said:

I have a feeling if it is Lanning he will get all the support he needs to succeed. I could see even having Bellotti on staff for a year to help him Oregonize!

Hes probably a good choice if we are going into SEC land to get recruits, but even if we hired him will he be a good fit for Eugene?

I like the hire,  if they can get Joe Brady to run the offense.  I will be a very happy 🦆 fan 

• Thumbs Up 1

To me its just another MC-Taggert deal

On 12/10/2021 at 5:51 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

To me its just another MC-Taggert deal

I hope it’s not another taggert deal but…,,

I’ll take another MC deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays 

that would mean 2 pac 12 titles and a rose bowl win in the next 4 years, along with dominating the pac12 in recruiting, sign me up!!

On 12/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, Southwest Duck said:

I hope it’s not another taggert deal but…,,

I’ll take another MC deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays 

that would mean 2 pac 12 titles and a rose bowl win in the next 4 years, along with dominating the pac12 in recruiting, sign me up!!

I would still be a Duck fan But I wouldnt watch the games--just wait for a good outcome on the score.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

one other thing The PAC is a REALLY WEAK conference-Im not sure if most PAC teams could win the Mtn West.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:58 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I would still be a Duck fan But I wouldnt watch the games--just wait for a good outcome on the score.

True 😂 no argument from me there. Pistol plunge was like watching paint dry or maybe grass grow. 😂😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we serious or not? 
Chip has to be HC. Or he’s not coming. Lanning would be an Awesome DC, but you’re going to have to pay 8-9 mill for three years to get him. If it all goes well and we get the Natty you’ve got your next HC and your next athletic director. Alabama West!!

And yes. Im an optimist, but you never know. 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:58 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I'm totally dvring a few Miami games next year just to see if they're as dreadfully boring.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

one other thing The PAC is a REALLY WEAK conference-Im not sure if most PAC teams could win the Mtn West.

Who would get your approval? 

On 12/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, Log Haulin said:

Who would get your stamp of approval? 

First off Im not the only one here that likes fast paced entertaining offense. Secondly I would prefer someone from the west to be our coach.

Thirdly if you want the best recruits to come to Oregon you have to hire someone that is offensive minded.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/10/2021 at 6:02 PM, Muskrat said:

Are we serious or not? 
Chip has to be HC. Or he’s not coming. Lanning would be an Awesome DC, but you’re going to have to pay 8-9 mill for three years to get him. If it all goes well and we get the Natty you’ve got your next HC and your next athletic director. Alabama West!!

And yes. Im an optimist, but you never know. 

I know a lot of us are full in on Chip. I don't understand it but respect it. He put the Ducks on the map. People wear Duck gear all over the globe. For me, first choice would be Kiffin but Lanning is gaining fast the more I read about him. With Lanning you could say bye-bye to the "bend don't break".

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2021 at 6:08 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

First off Im not the only one here that likes fast paced entertaining offense. Secondly I would prefer someone from the west to be our coach.

Thirdly if you want the best recruits to come to Oregon you have to hire someone that is offensive minded.

You might be right. So Kiffin is your guy? I like it.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:09 PM, Log Haulin said:

I know a lot of us are full in on Chip. I don't understand it but respect it. He put the Ducks on the map. People wear Duck gear all over the globe. For me, first choice would be Kiffin but Lanning is gaining fast the more I read about him. With Lanning you could say bye-bye to the "bend don't break".

I couldn’t agree more it’s a great hire.

it’s definitely riskier because he has never been a head coach, but I’d rather swing for a home run than slap at the ball for a single which is exactly what hiring chip or Wilcox would be.

there should be enough 💰 left over if you hire lanning to get a top flight OC like joe Brady.

I have family down south in sec land and they say Lanning is very highly regarded down there.  They say if we get him we got a steal! 

• Thumbs Up 1

My hope for the Ducks is to be innovative--Rob Mullens job is to make that happen. PKs job is to pay for it and my job is to ALWAYS be a fan.