DiscoDuck

"Offense Sells Tickets, Defense Wins Championships" Paul "Bear" Bryant

The Big Bear in the Sky is rooting for a Defensive Genius for Duck Head Coach and his pick is Lanning or Aranda.

I agree with the Bear, either could bring a Natty to the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

I'm encouraged by the mindset of Duck fans. The overwhelming consensus is that Oregon needs to hire a head coach who can lead the Ducks to a national championship. The goal is no longer to be "competitive." Rather it is to be the best in the nation. When Cristobal bolted for Miami, I initially favored bringing Chip Kelly back, based on his past success as Ducks HC. However, from what I'm reading, Dan Lanning would be an outstanding hire. Count me on board for Lanning.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:42 AM, Axel said:

The goal is no longer to be "competitive."

Exactly. Oregon State would dominate the Big Sky Conference, the Beavers can reach a stage of being competitive in the Pac-12, but Oregon has too much to be satiisfied competing regularly for the Rose Bowl to be enough. Getting Lanning would be a sign to me that Oregon is still interested in competing at the highest level.

• Thumbs Up 2

MC proved you need an offense to just win conferences.  I want a coach that values all phases of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2