Kleibs

OC

Lanning….let’s get started by immediately calling Joe Brady for OC! That should be your first phone call.

• Thumbs Up 2

Second call, Mr. Fishduck and his video library.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/11/2021 at 4:21 PM, Kleibs said:

Lanning….let’s get started by immediately calling Joe Brady for OC! That should be your first phone call.

All my Duck dreams will come true if Joe Brady is announced as OC

Please please happen!!! 

Not sure who Lanning will go after. Someone he knows already or someone completely new to him? 

Though in truth he can't really model Oregon's offense off of Georgia because one thing became blatantly clear... If Georgia is in a shootout they are going to lose. Need an OC who can put up more points with a more explosive offense.

Georgia is built on a defense that stops the opposing offense in it's tracks and allows their offense to punish the other team all day. I'm fine with that ... I'd just like that offense to be able to score on demand because it's that good. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/11/2021 at 5:17 PM, David Marsh said:

I'd just like that offense to be able to score on demand because it's that good. 

That's Alabama, the lockdown D with the explosive O, that is the combination from which Dynasties are built. If Lanning can get that type of D at Oregon, it's a great floor to start from on getting an OC that generate an offense that completes annihilation of the other team. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I want to see how well Mcclendon does in the bowl game. I'm pretty sure he'll be coaching somewhere on Oregon because isn't he a Georgia guy too?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/11/2021 at 5:17 PM, David Marsh said:

Not sure who Lanning will go after. Someone he knows already or someone completely new to him? 

Though in truth he can't really model Oregon's offense off of Georgia because one thing became blatantly clear... If Georgia is in a shootout they are going to lose. Need an OC who can put up more points with a more explosive offense.

Georgia is built on a defense that stops the opposing offense in it's tracks and allows their offense to punish the other team all day. I'm fine with that ... I'd just like that offense to be able to score on demand because it's that good. 

Well Brady took 2019 LSU to prominence with Joe Borrow. They lit up the scoreboard 

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not go after CFB’s top OC to join top DC now Duck HC Dan Lanning as a two headed monster?

Ohio State’s OC has been Kevin Wilson since 2017.  He seems to develop young quarterbacks and receivers well.

C6FB6543-70E6-4034-870D-7E112A50F80B.jpeg

Edited by Duck1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

How much is Lanning's contract and when does he actually start coaching at Oregon --After the 3rd? 

Timing is everything- I cant believe Oregon allowed him to stay until then.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, Principal Duck said:

Brennan Marion from Pitt?

This is who I would like to see come in at OC. Keep BMAC at WR coach.

Edited by countryboy541

On 12/11/2021 at 4:21 PM, Kleibs said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32848033/former-carolina-panthers-offensive-coordinator-joe-brady-wants-remain-nfl-already-heard-teams-sources-say%3fplatform=amp

Looks like Brady wants to stay in the league. But who knows.

Why not Mike Denbrock?  

I am feeling confident that Phil an Penny will pay top dollar for the OC that DL wants.

The Oregon OC position will offer most talent a 7 figure pay raise.

High profile exposure that can lead to a Head coaching position.

Let's get the best.......

On 12/11/2021 at 7:21 PM, Kleibs said:

Per ESPN, Brady wants to remain in the NFL. How about Art Briles kid? His father is deservedly finished in CFB but his son, beginning under Kiffin at FAU, has been one heck of an OC.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

How much is Lanning's contract and when does he actually start coaching at Oregon --After the 3rd? 

Timing is everything- I cant believe Oregon allowed him to stay until then.

fwiw Kirby Smart officially became HC of Georgia on Dec. 6, 2015, but he had unfinished business as defensive coordinator at Alabama, which was still chasing a national title. He juggled two jobs for a month until Jan. 11, 2016, when the Crimson Tide won its fourth national championship.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, duckonline said:

fwiw Kirby Smart officially became HC of Georgia on Dec. 6, 2015, but he had unfinished business as defensive coordinator at Alabama, which was still chasing a national title. He juggled two jobs for a month until Jan. 11, 2016, when the Crimson Tide won its fourth national championship.

And so far Ga hasnt won a NC--just sayin

On 12/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

And so far Ga hasnt won a NC--just sayin

So far he has taken his team to the playoff the same number of times the entire Pac-12 conference has been to the playoff. And, he lost in OT to Bama in the 1st appearance.

If an OC gets paired with a rock star QB, that OC all of a sudden is assigned rock star status himself.

What would Joe Brady be without Joe Burrow?

Helfrich & Frost without Mariota?

Does Marcus Arroyo get the UNLV gig if there were no Justin Herbert?

What a shock to learn some of these (OC’s) have turned out to be mere mortals.

Ironic also how Duck fans tarred and feathered Andy Ludwig (aka Dudwig) who to this point is arguably the hottest OC in the league and has gotten the last laugh vs the UO.

Point being, similar to head coach prospects, time and experience separate the wheat from the chaff.

Getting to the playoffs is a good thing winning one is better.