Charles Fischer

SEC DC Interviewed on Monday with Ducks

Coach Eric Boles had some good picks in his article recently, and this is an article about one of them interviewing with Cristobal.  I like him because he learned from Rocky Long, who has had defenses that I admire.

Brandon Dorlus Sack vs. OSU_Tom Corno.jpg

Brandon Dorlus!

Mr. FishDuck

This is an interesting read about Zach Arnett: https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/zach-arnett-success-121820

He runs a 3-3-5 defense and his record looks really good; especially considering the talent and circumstances. What's funny (to me) is it would be another grab from Mike Leach. Apparently, Cristobal has a lot in common with Mike... must play in the same communication circles. Mike won't be happy. That article was about Zach Arnett just signing an extension so he wouldn't be pilfered. Based on the multiple other coaches Mario has pulled from Mike, odds increase significantly that this may be the one.

On top of being on my 10 candidates list, he also came incredibly close to being on my top 5 list. Came down to Coach Arnett and Coach Lupoi for the last spot, and I gave it to Coach Lupoi based on his existing relationship with Coach Cristobal.

I really really like Coach Arnett's 3-3-5 scheme.

Full Disclosure: pasted from an earlier thread, written about the time Charles was starting this one.

Man, the Pirate has got to be hating on Mario these days! Big Joe, Mastro, Wilson, Floppy Hair Guy - all poached from his staff in the last five years, and now his Mississippi State DC is on the clock?!

After plucking Zack Arnett away from Syracuse for his debut season in Starkville, Leach promptly enhanced his DC's contract at season's end, and was likely feeling pretty good about things with a 2021 Rivals #24 class with crystal balls still pending, and a lush transfer portal landscape beckoning his keen eye for undervalued talent.

But noooo,  now Arnett - late of Coach Boles' original 'Ten to Watch' article - is flirting with the Ducks, while also batting his eyes at Texas? At least Charles get his Rocky Long Coaching Tree chip back in play!

10 minutes ago, hydrophobic said:

Full Disclosure: pasted from an earlier thread, written about the time Charles was starting this one.

Man, the Pirate has got to be hating on Mario these days! Big Joe, Mastro, Wilson, Floppy Hair Guy - all poached from his staff in the last five years, and now his Mississippi State DC is on the clock?!

After plucking Zack Arnett away from Syracuse for his debut season in Starkville, Leach promptly enhanced his DC's contract at season's end, and was likely feeling pretty good about things with a 2021 Rivals #24 class with crystal balls still pending, and a lush transfer portal landscape beckoning his keen eye for undervalued talent.

But noooo,  now Arnett - late of Coach Boles' original 'Ten to Watch' article - is flirting with the Ducks, while also batting his eyes at Texas? At least Charles get his Rocky Long Coaching Tree chip back in play!

He also interviewed with LSU!