duckcz

Guys, did we just hire...

Andy Dwyer?

"I have no idea what I’m doing but I know I do it really, really well."

andy-dwyer-pic.jpeg

I think we got the guy that could talk a velociraptor into playing for the Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know that after watching Dan Lanning speak at 2 Grouped Award dinners I think this is the best coach for Oregon football!

James Crepea - watch both speeches in this article!

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/12/oregon-ducks-hiring-georgia-defensive-coordinator-dan-lanning-per-source.html

Fantastic man, high energy, family values, and well respected.  Players love him!  Knows how to teach!  Head coaches he worked for endorse his talent to coach!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/12/2021 at 10:06 AM, duckcz said:

Andy Dwyer?

"I have no idea what I’m doing but I know I do it really, really well."

andy-dwyer-pic.jpeg

Everyone....please remember that Rule No. 26 right here states that we can criticize a coach for decisions, for player performance....we can go crazy-negative about their job, but we do NOT get personal about them.   I know this is a joke, (above) but for those who disagree with this hire--I wanted to remind you of this.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Have you seen Andy tackle in parks and rec? I'm good with that as a hire... 

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Everyone....please remember that Rule No. 26 right here states that we can criticize a coach for decisions, for player performance....we can go crazy-negative about their job, but we do NOT get personal about them.   I know this is a joke, (above) but for those who disagree with this hire--I wanted to remind you of this.

I just noticed that Lanning kind of resembled Andy is all. I’m pretty stoked on the hire actually. Then again, I remember being fairly optimistic about Slick Willie too. Didn’t mean to break any rules 😳

On 12/12/2021 at 11:25 AM, duckcz said:

I just noticed that Lanning kind of resembled Andy is all. I’m pretty stoked on the hire actually. Then again, I remember being fairly optimistic about Slick Willie too. Didn’t mean to break any rules 😳

As I wrote....I understand it was humor, and you did not break any rules.  But what I've learned in the short 2.5 months of the forum already, is that people will take something and run further with it.  And I simply wanted to remind everyone that being critical, negative and even humorous is fine.  Just not nasty-personal is all.

In fact yesterday yours-truly posted a humorous set of pictures about Lanning too.  So, no it was not a violation, but a reminder to everyone else not to escalate it into something personal against our new coach.

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/12/2021 at 8:39 PM, Charles Fischer said:

In fact yesterday yours-truly posted a humorous set of pictures about Lanning too.  So, no it was not a violation, but a reminder to everyone else not to escalate it into something personal against our new coach.

Ooh, he really does look like Karl. 

Now we'll just have to see if he's more of a Bones McCoy, Judge Dredd or Billy Butcher? 

Charles need to become a PAC 12 Official. He is fair and consistent. That would be a positive change. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Man so many of these comments regarding the hire of Lanning and the guys he plans to hire are IMO far too negative. Of course there is risk in hiring a young guy with no HC experience but there is also, with the way the man recruits, a terrific upside.

I urge patience in 2022. Mario left the Ducks with no experience at QB. I dearly hope a new system is going to be installed on O and if he stays, that DeRuyter does a far better job with the D. The schedule in 2022 is BRUTAL. 'At' UGA OOC plus BYU at home? 5 conference road games. 

For anyone who wants to take me up on it, I'll wager on Lanning have more success at Oregon than Mario will have at the U.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 12/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I urge patience in 2022. Mario left the Ducks with no experience at QB. I dearly hope a new system is going to be installed on O and if he stays, that DeRuyter does a far better job with the D. The schedule in 2022 is BRUTAL. 'At' UGA OOC plus BYU at home? 5 conference road games. 

Wasn't DeRuyter recently hired by Texas Tech?

Edited by Mudslide
  • Thumbs Up 1

yes, as far as I know, DeRuyter has signed on with TT.

Folks, if Smart gets smart and starts Daniels vs Michigan and against Bama in the champ game, we will be welcoming the DC of the 2021 national champion as Oregon's new HC. 

Smart staying with Stetson, who was locked onto Bowers, ignored open WRs and missed easy throws, was as silly as Mario staying with Brown in the Pac-12 champ game. Stetson is a game manager. Daniels is a 5* who can spread the field.

My bad for not recalling DeRuyter being hired by TT. IMO, he will not be missed.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/12/2021 at 10:11 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I think we got the guy that could talk a velociraptor into playing for the Ducks.

I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I want to see an entire front 7 of velociraptors!

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 11:59 AM, Duck 68 said:

Charles need to become a PAC 12 Official. He is fair and consistent. That would be a positive change. 

One of the best compliments ever, and I thank you.  This moderating is really hard...

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/12/2021 at 2:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

One of the best compliments ever, and I thank you.  This moderating is really hard...

Charles you do a great job! Seriously you have been a great blessing to so many duck fans over the years. Thank you for all that you do!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3