HawaiiDuck

Lanning targeting Florida State's Kenny Dillingham for OC

People, don't focus on his time at FSU. They're dealing with a bare cupboard. Pay close attention to the paragraph that talks about 2018 at Memphis. THOSE are numbers we want to have. Norvell thought enough about the guy to take him with him to FSU from Memphis. If Lanning is comfortable with him then so am I.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Being a quarterback coach is helpful. Also almost 280 yrds passing at Memphis.  Memphis numbers look solid. Have a feeling there are going to be a lot of young asst coaches hired on. Not a bad thing. My son is 29 and his knowledge of football is through the roof. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dillingham also seems like a top notch recruiter.   My largest concern is that this is the most important hire he will make and he is going with a buddy

Like I said on another thread, I hope Lanning and others seek out Bellotti. These guys don't know the Pac-12, let alone the ins and outs of Oregon's Program. I doubt Mullens is a great resource, and they will need to get up to speed on so many things it would make one dizzy.

A weekly meeting would be a shrewd move. Just knowing about the stadiums they will play in, any connections Bellotti still has would be invaluable.  That is one move I would love to know they are doing because the learning curve on some of this stuff is steep, and can be painful. 

Even setting up a few calls with Moorhead and the new OC. I worry about these young coaches trying to go it alone, there is wisdom in the years these guys have put in. I love the youth, but I hope it is wise beyond their years.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, Haywarduck said:

Even setting up a few calls with Moorhead and the new OC. I worry about these young coaches trying to go it alone, there is wisdom in the years these guys have put in. I love the youth, but I hope it is wise beyond their years.

I don't worry about these young coaches at all.  They're dealing with 18-21 year old kids, they relate well.  These coaches wouldn't be where they are with top notch programs without having a lot of knowledge.  Talking with Belotti would be a benefit to get lay of the land, but these young guys know what they're doing.  I think they'll relate well to the players and will do a good job of motivating them.  I'm excited, much more so than if they'd taken Wilcox.  Sounds like Lanning is an overacheiver.

Guest KingT

Memphis had a terrific Offense under Norville. Willie turned FSU into a train wreck and it will take time to sort that dumpster fire out.

According to 24 7 Sports' Brandon (didn't get his last name, might be Huffman) on Twitter Spaces last night, an offer was extended to Kenny Dillingham and he is expected to make a decision some time today. 

On 12/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, 47sgs said:

I don't worry about these young coaches at all.  They're dealing with 18-21 year old kids, they relate well.  These coaches wouldn't be where they are with top notch programs without having a lot of knowledge.  Talking with Belotti would be a benefit to get lay of the land, but these young guys know what they're doing.  I think they'll relate well to the players and will do a good job of motivating them.  I'm excited, much more so than if they'd taken Wilcox.  Sounds like Lanning is an overacheiver.

Overachiever I’m sure, definitely a motivator.  Based on the clips I’ve seen of Lanning’s sideline demeanor, we’ll see a 180 from Cristobal who to me at times looked insecure.  Lanning will be fired up, passionate, getting face to face with players in a good way.  I recall from a radio interview with a Georgia media source, kids love playing for him and assistants will enjoy working with him.