Graziani93

MBB - Stanford Loss is on Dana!

Game tied, 10 seconds left on the shot clock and the best Dana could draw up is to waste some time dribbling and putting up a contested 3 by Richardson?  You don't have to win by 3, drive the ball into the paint for a shot or a foul. Jacob Young was penetrating great at the end of the game.  Why on earth would that not be the option?  What is going on with this team?  Dana, love you man, you are a great coach.  But, this one is all on you - terrible last play call - own it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt that that was the option Dana drew up.  Whatever…..Richardson choked…..he’d made 4 prior 3’s, but this last shot was waaaaay too tentative. It seems to me that he is not comfortable with the responsibility of “leader”.  He tried……he played better tonight than last game, but……so far, he has proven that he is NOT the guy to rely on.  Guerrier, Young, Williams, Dante, Franck, Harmo……..ALL show that they’re willing to take on that mantle, if asked to.

Altman has done a wonderful job with the program, but would question WTH is going on this year?

Richardson is no Pritchard.  He isn't a leader, and he's not equipped to deal with the pressure.  The longer Altman leans on Richardson in the sink or swim mentality, by throwing him in the deep end of the pool, he's going to continue to drag the team down.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2021 at 8:34 PM, DuckIt said:

Richardson is no Pritchard.  He isn't a leader, and he's not equipped to deal with the pressure.  The longer Altman leans on Richardson in the sink or swim mentality, by throwing him in the deep end of the pool, he's going to continue to drag the team down.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.  Altman’s plan seems to be to rely on Richardson as leader.  Not working.  Maybe he should move focus to Williams as leader?  Richardson doesn’t seem to want, or be able to handle, the pressure and responsibility.  (Young seems to crave it)

It appeared to me that the Ducks got back into the game in the 2nd half when Jacob Young was playing the point.

No, I do think Will is the leader and deserving of that position.  He had been inconsistent up this early part of the season with good games followed by bad, but that's basketball.  Even last night, I believe his 3's kept us in the game.  I agree that he's no Prichard, but with his smooth game and shot, he comes close.  He just has to develop a more killer mentality and not settle for a 3 for a game winner when the man can drive or pass off.  It was just frustrating last night, that's all.  As with all of Dana's teams, hopefully this team will get it together by the middle of the conference schedule and on into the postseason. 

Dana is one of the best late game managers in college basketball.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:34 PM, DuckIt said:

You know who is like Prichard?  Jackson Shelstad (West Linn, Class of 2023) who recently committed to the Ducks for 2023.  He's modeled himself after Pritchard and looks like he has the game and work ethic.  We'll be alright at point guard in the coming years.

Picture of Jackson as 5th grader with Payton:

6_large.jpg

Very cool Graziani93, and thanks.

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/13/2021 at 7:27 AM, Graziani93 said:

We'll be alright at point guard in the coming years.

🙏 🙏!!

You need an Alpha like a Brooks or Pritchard! With the current rosters of Betas a team can't fully excel. The women have the same issue. Guaranteed if Sabrina was on the women's or Brooks was on the men's team that either team would lose games in this fashion! These two teams have great talent!!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1