Charles Fischer

Reminder: Womens Game-Time Changed versus Arizona

Big game for the Women in so many ways--the Wildcats will give the Duck freshmen something to learn from...

Mr. FishDuck

Should be a even matchup which makes for a great game. 

Women have had to come out scrappy the last 3 games and several of the newbs have gotten valuable minutes, particularly in the Cal game.

I'd expect a hard played, frenetic, and close first half unless one team is hot from 3 and the other isn't. Second half I like the Ducks quality depth to allow them to pull away for a little breathing space, but not more than around 10 points.

With a completely different Oregon team it doesn't matter what happened between Arizona & Oregon last season. One point of comparison: 
Stanford 70 Oregon 63
Stanford 81 Arizona 54 @ Arizona

1 hour ago, 30Duck said:

Stanford 81 Arizona 54 @ Arizona

I watched this game, and Stanford hit a number of 3s right out of the gate, while AZ seemed tight and their star, Aari McDonald, missed her first several shots and then started pressing, and not letting the game come to her. Stanford guards Wilson & Williams overplayed her outside, knowing their excellent bigs were prepared to help on drives to the basket. Tara & crew drew up and executed an excellent game plan.

Without a healthy Prince I'm not sure our gals are prepared to execute a similar plan, at least not at this point of the season. It will be fun to see what Graves et al. come up with for this important matchup.

8 hours ago, 30Duck said:

Great photo in there of the Fab Five waiting to come in as a whole flight/line.

Recently Paopao has started with Mikesell, but Graves has experimented with subbing her out fairly early to work in Chavez & Shelly who can both do some point work. That way Paopao can get time with both lines and hold them together with elite point guard play. Very clever.

52 minutes ago, hydrophobic said:

Recently Paopao has started with Mikesell

Mikesell has not been as effective since her great first game. As Graves goes about paring the rotation, I could see her minutes being reduced.