30Duck

Matt Prehm: UW Once Again Blaming Oregon for Their Lack of Success

Well, Mario wasn't wrong about, "the Huskies represent all that is wrong with college football."

Sign2DSC_0966.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

The Huskies' crowning achievement , this century, was running up the score on Oregon's worst team in decades. Since then, the Husk's are 1-3 against Oregon,. UW needs an appointment with the Dr. 

image.jpeg.67942560c74de69cbe5421ea61bf8d61.jpeg

Does anyone know about the lies and negative recruiting they say Mario did?  I looked in on some husky website the other day and a few of them were up in arms about it but I never saw any examples.  Just kinda wondering if there's any truth to it or I'm just living in a bubble as a Duck fan.

Edited by deschutesduck

Hard to say what would constitute "Negative Recruiting" to a Husky, pointing out to a recruit that UW has 128 losses since 2000 is pretty negative.

• Haha 2

Peterson recruiting was based on “talent plus character = Our Kind of Guy.”  Players were told they were expected to conform to standards in order to be on the team.

Some saw this as an elitist approach that turned off lower income families with talented sons.  

Cristobal was accused of bad mouthing the OKG approach by telling recruits that Oregon would love them up regardless of the economics of their parents.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, Duck1984 said:

Cristobal was accused of bad mouthing the OKG approach by telling recruits that Oregon would love them up regardless of the economics of their parents.

That is pretty smart...turn an objection into a selling point.

Not feeling sorry as the negative recruiting against Oregon when the NCAA took two years to decide to slap us on the hand--took a much worse toll in our recruiting than the actual penalty.  All the Pac-12 schools frightened recruits about the future--probably as coaches are now about what will happen at ASU.

And I promise you the "Mario can't coach," and "players don't develop at Oregon" was probably used more than once against the Ducks on the recruiting trail.  No tears for the Huskies here!

Mr. FishDuck

Are they even relevant and do they even deserve any of our time? They should be relegated to little sister status, hand them a conciliatory lollipop and pat on the head the head and say good little girl now go sit on the bench so big brother can get things done for the Pac. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Their women's programs have had plenty of success, what are they talking about?

Maybe they should just drop their men's programs, problem solved.

Like I tell my kids, if you are going to complain, you won't like my answer.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, Arctuniol said:

Are they even relevant?

5xwjpn.jpg

• Haha 3

Guest Axel

I'm really not sure why Washington has anything to complain about. After all, the Huskies have won every off-season Pac-12 championship in the 21st century. Year in and year out, the Dawgs are the class of the conference on the Husky message boards during June, July, and August. Their offenses are juggernauts and their defenses are unrivaled. What's more, the Huskies have 21 off-season Heisman winners in the last 21 years. 

Yes, from every corner of the Pac-12, we all bow down to Washington every summer, and then suddenly, it's September. 😄

15 of 17

(actually 16 of 18 if you count the obvious forfeit from them quitting last year’s game).

• Haha 1