Smith72

An Offense that Dominates

How about adding an innovative offense?  Take the big, talented, athletic football players at Oregon and give them an offense that is uniquely different and hard to prepare for.

Oregon was coached by Cristobal to be physical.  Add an offense that will cause doubt and confusion to physicality and Oregon will dominate.

Chip Kelly changed football when he installed his version of the spread the Blur.  Check out this offense!  Here.  Thank you Log Hauling for sharing this in another post!

Why not hire Coach Brennan Marion to install his Go-Go offense at Oregon?  Go-Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Here is the offense that Mike Norvell runs,  it’s highly likely that Kenny Dillingham would use the same offensive scheme.

• Thumbs Up 3

Anything with some tempo would make me a happy camper. 

One if my many annoyances with the MC offenses is how everyone is lined up. The clock ticks down to 15-10 and then everyone looks to the side line... Play change and snap the ball. 

Yes... There are times to milk the clock but I do actually want to watch some football please. 

It would also be nice to condition our players a bit more to be able to handle the tempo game. I swear some of those annoying time outs used were to give players a rest. That is ok from time to time... But it felt like there was at least one to two of those resting time outs per game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Coach Boles, Coach Mosier and I did analysis articles a year ago about the possibility of this, and we would love to see this at Oregon.  Talk about setting things on it's head!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

All I know is that I'm glad to see the RPO offense (just plain run offense considering the limitations of the quarterback) that Oregon ran in 2021 getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. The time has come to open things up and to utilize the great amount of talent Oregon decided to squander this season. Now that Mario is gone, I'm interested to see what Moorhead and company do in the bowl game.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 4

After reading the article you posted (which was awesome) I saw another article where they've extended Norvell's contract. The Seminole chatter going on in the comments below the article have Dillingham all but gone. If he's coming here seems like we could still afford Brennan Marion on staff. Hawaii ain't payin' him a fortune.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, SmithRiverDuck said:

Hawaii ain't payin' him a fortune.

He is at Pitt now...

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/14/2021 at 7:34 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Coach Boles, Coach Mosier and I did analysis articles a year ago about the possibility of this, and we would love to see this at Oregon.  Talk about setting things on it's head!

I remember, those were great articles.  I was hoping that Coach Moorhead would incorporate some Go-Go into his offense!

On 12/14/2021 at 8:40 PM, Charles Fischer said:

He is at Pitt now...

I hate it when I'm busy and read an article and assume it's today's. Yes, last year's article. Interesting that the Pitt page of coaches has no OC listed. Marion is receivers coach.

Isn't the GO GO offense run heavy?....if so then NO NO.....here, for those who didn't see Pittman's video or who have no idea what a 7 on 7 camp is: KIDS WANT TO THROW THE BALL....PERIOD......anything less and Pittman will be just the beginning of the exodus.

You did not see our analysis articles apparently. One receiver in this offense averaged 21 yards per catch!  To stop the run--defenses play the WRs one-one-one and it creates huge explosion plays from the match-ups.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/14/2021 at 11:48 PM, SmithRiverDuck said:

I hate it when I'm busy and read an article and assume it's today's. Yes, last year's article. Interesting that the Pitt page of coaches has no OC listed. Marion is receivers coach.

Their OC was just hired by Frost in Lincoln. Think there's a good chance Marion steps into the OC role at Pitt, but he was a name that interested me for us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You did not see our analysis articles apparently. One receiver in this offense averaged 21 yards per catch!  To stop the run--defenses play the WRs one-one-one and it creates huge explosion plays from the match-ups.

Force a defense overload on run with a qb that can actually throw and skys the limit. These formations are crazy and confuse the defense. TT is a smart kid, hopefully he can make split second decisions correctly. With his arm and ability to run, these formations could be devastating to opposing D. To bad MP left but I can't blame him. MC was stubborn and Brown was horrible.  

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:40 PM, Smith72 said:

I remember, those were great articles.  I was hoping that Coach Moorhead would incorporate some Go-Go into his offense!

From my sources it directly conflicted with Cristobal's No-Go Offense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1