Principal Duck

Coach Youth Movement

I turn 50 this next year and I have definitely gotten to a place in life where I appreciate a good cup of coffee and some mellow music. In my younger days I related a lot more to high energy, high risk kinds of activities. All that to be said, maybe there's something good about this youth movement with our coaches.

There's a part of me that is nervous about these up and coming guys that don't have a totally proven record, but again, maybe they'll have all that great energy and risk taking mindset that is necessary to win over the hearts of recruits and team members and take us to the promised land. 

• Thumbs Up 4

The 'Salad Days' of Oregon coaching. A time of great achievement, wonder, thriving and growth. It is also a time of green judgement. 

Should be exciting, and amazing contrast to our recent past. The wilting of our once proud offense can become green again, not a bad thing!

These young guys just might redefine green judgement, aggressive, innovative and nutritious to the fans and players! Put me down as afire with anticipation. This seems in line with what the Oregon Football Program is all about. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched an old Mad Mike 1951 video on You Tube of Oregon Ducks Defense and Special Team Highlights 2013,  reminding me of the Youth and talent those teams had.  How exciting to watch these young men, when coached and allowed to be aggressive didn't give an inch.  The names Armstead, Buckner, Patterson, Addison, Hart, Ekpre-Olumu, Hardrick, Joe Walker, Washington Jr, T Mitchell, Dior Mathis, DAT, Reggie Daniels, Prevot, Dargan, OH MY DUCKS!  Lanning, go to the MM1951 video library and see the History of Ducks Football, Bring back the Quack!

I became a Duck fan fresh out of high school and got to see Bobby Moore at civic stadium run crazy all over the field. I was hooked with the energy of the crowd and the players.

The last 5 years I haven’t seen or felt that kind of energy. The fans sitting next to me were all complaining about the Ducks inability to consistently move the ball and the players showed lack of energy that we saw with Chips teams.

The fans at the game tell the story and I am looking forward to seeing that energy restored.

As a guy that remembers the landfill, as long as these kids stay off my lawn, I’m good with it😀