McDuck

Report: Dillingham as OC, Powledge as Co-DC

Oregon: Baylor's Matt Powledge is expected to join the Oregon staff as co-defensive coordinator, Pete Thamel shares. At Baylor, Powledge worked with the safeties and special teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just read about Powledge. Dude's impressive 

Oregon still doesn't have any sources worth the pencils they write with. Hopefully somebody will get a relationship with Lanning, but I suppose it shows we are a national name, not just local news?

I don't understand this site, it took the Football Scoop link on Dillingham and inserted into the cut and paste from the same site about Poweledge.  Not the first time it has done that.  Anyway below is the Dillingham story.

Dillingham

Interesting remark from a BaylorNation fan regarding Matt Powledge:

Screen Shot 12-15-21 at 11.16 AM.PNG

James looks to be trying to get the RB coaching gig..... I think it would be good for recruiting....as long as he let's the receivers coach work with them on catching, should be a fine choice....

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Duckology said:

James looks to be trying to get the RB coaching gig..... I think it would be good for recruiting....as long as he let's the receivers coach work with them on catching, should be a fine choice....

I would love for james to be apart of the program. I don't know about coaching at this point. Make him a GA. Let him prove that he has the coaching chops before making him a full time coach. It's one thing to be a great player and another thing to take those feats and turn them into coaching capabilities. 

My only example is often times the best QB coaches are the DII/DIII players who never really had the physical acumen and had to rely on sound fundamentals to really play ball. 

• Thumbs Up 1

These guys are young and hungry. Enthusiasm for the long hours and work ahead is not going to be an issue. Time will tell whether there is coaching substance and acumen behind their youth and enthusiasm. 

If nothing else I would expect these guys to outwork a lot of other PAC 12 staffs. I like the way this is shaping up. 

Many wanted change, and we now have a major youth movement on our hands at HC, OC, and DC.(assuming these reports are correct)

Good luck gentlemen and I hope you surprise the heck out of us with the way you coach and teach our players. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

I don't know anything about these guys, I'll be eager to read about any official profile articles that will come out about them.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, kirklandduck said:

I don't know anything about these guys, I'll be eager to read about any official profile articles that will come out about them.

I found this endorsement from Jason Stewart, a JC transfer and reserve QB at Memphis who saw action in ten games total.

"Kenny Dillingham is my favorite of any coach I've had. It is so obvious how much he cares about his players. He is so invested in making sure you are doing well on and off the field. We were only 2 years apart so he felt like a big brother. I had so much respect for him so the age gap was no issue."

• Thumbs Up 1