Duck 1972

D Williams gone

Devon Williams arguably our best receiver is off to the pros

He had a lot of talent, but was held out of a game for his attitude. He probably blew up at Mario for lack of touches. Ducks will miss his talent for sure, but I think there is good talent behind him. Maybe that McMillan kid will choose Oregon over Arizona now that a starting spot opened up.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Can you say "practice squad?"  Like Pittman, he has a much higher opinion of his abilities than they actually are.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

IMHO, he does not work hard enough to make as much of his natural talents as he could.  It will hold him back.  

On 12/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, webfootfan said:

IMHO, he does not work hard enough to make as much of his natural talents as he could.  It will hold him back.  

I disagree.. his QB was awful.  All the receivers were frustrated for good reason.

As for leaving, 4th year sophmore, its good for him to try the NFL.  He is old enough.  

Not enough of his work is on tape for review at this point. Scouts might look at him and think he is worth at best a very late draft pick.... More likely he is a free agent ... Or not signed at all. 

He just doesn't have a whole life t of game footage. Now, yes, he has had a poor QB this last year and he did have some nice games last year. 

But I go back to my previous point ... There isn't enough tape of him that shows consistently of play and his full range of abilities. 

Also... As mentioned being benched for sub-par work ethic by MC does help his case at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Canada is cold.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yikes, terrible decision.  I feel bad for him.  

I think Devon is extremely talented. Good size, speed, and hands. That being said, he quite often lost his composure on the field when things didn't go his way. I also recall hearing about him having some issues when he was still at USC. Always seemed like a bit of a liability. I could be way off the mark here. I do wish him the best. He could have definitely benefited from better QB play. NFL may actually help him flourish 

His strongest work was taunting the other team's defense.

On 12/16/2021 at 8:36 PM, Eugene Skinner said:

I think Devon is extremely talented. Good size, speed, and hands. That being said, he quite often lost his composure on the field when things didn't go his way. I also recall hearing about him having some issues when he was still at USC. Always seemed like a bit of a liability. I could be way off the mark here. I do wish him the best. He could have definitely benefited from better QB play. NFL may actually help him flourish 

A likely touchdown pass in the Pac12 championship game hit him in the head because he didn’t think AB would throw him the ball and didn’t bother looking.

Good luck with that in the pros.

• Haha 1

Another casualty of Cristoball. Fortunately there is talent behind him, and it won't be held back. Again I just hope DJ Johnson comes back and is a leader on the team.

We need, and have new leadership. It is good the diva types are leaving and the youthful talent is taking over!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/16/2021 at 5:50 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Did he consult with Dillon Mitchell?

Obviously  not. Had Mitchell stayed one more year with Herbert throwing him passes his draft stock would likely have dramatically risen, and the added year with the now budding NFL star would have put a few more dollars in his pocket. He’s now on someone’s practice squad.

Williams is facing a similar fate. He may not be drafted at all. Staying another year with a decent quarterback who can throw the ball would have been a wiser decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT

Better for him to go and open door to these very talented young guys. This is good for us.