Charles Fischer

Feedback Requested: Like the Background Pics? Other Suggestions?

For those on mobile...you don't see it, but for those on desktop--there is a background picture behind the forum that shows up at the top, on the sides and at the bottom when you scroll to the end of a thread you are reading.

Any thoughts, requests or feedback?  I thought it was kinda cool to help set the mood and tone, and other sites do not do it.  Yet it can only be seen by half reading, as again it is only visible to those on pad and desktop.

If there are other suggestions...post them here or send them to me charles@fishduck.com and I thank you.

One suggestion to me was to have the "Donate" button prominent on the site to help with expenses.  I just sailed past a total of $5,000 spent on the forum since I began this journey back last December to now, so I think that was a good suggestion.

For those ready right now....go to this page, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Donate" button and thank you for helping to continue something very special in the web world!

Dye Time_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great idea to put a donate here button somewhere. It is the season to be both grateful and generous with our giving.

We should all ask ourselves if we can give, as we all gain so much!

The donate button shouldn't be dominate, like our defense will be, but we should be locate it, unfortunately, like our offense, tough to find. 

• Like 1

I'm not pussy-footing around when I say the pics are fantastic!  More kittens, please?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

My friends....I am pretty much tapped out of Cat GIFs, as I saved the best ones for this thread about the history of Beaver Coaches. I put a ton of time into finding these for just that thread for the rivalry week.

I have to say though, that this one is a favorite as the cat first faked a slap, and the dog came back and did a mild "woof" as a last great act of defiance...and the cat was enraged he would dare do that.

You said what?

giphy.gif

Just like little brother!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

1.  A Texas Longhorn friend of mine who also follows the Ducks told me he wasn't certain where the Forum is when he first went to the main FishDuck Home Page.  Suggest Maybe making the "notice/link"  box for the OBD Forum on the Home Page animated to appear more prominent?  With a background something like this?

lights glow GIF by Erica Anderson

2.  Suggest adding all the links that appear at the top on the OBD Forum Page  (( The links that say (Forum Front Page) (FishDuck Home) etc.,)) be also placed also at the top section of the Main FishDuck Home page.

3.  Need to ADD a link in that list of links, on both the Main Home Page and the OBD Forum Page (but NOT  buried under the arrow after "Repository") but a prominently visible link that says "Support/Donate " that takes the viewer directly to the info on the support and donate section.  

Not sure if what he just said above is the same thing but when you go to an article being able to go to the forum with a forum link button (yellow oval) instead of having to back out to the main page.

Oh, and donuts 🍩  Charles.  That would be yummy

Well...I do not know how much more obvious I can make it.  The opening page to FishDuck has a prominent yellow button taking you to the forum.  Inside each article are two references and links to the forum.  Then below the article in the announcements is again a reference and link to the forum.  That means FOUR references and links that are pretty hard to miss if you go to the main page and read even one current article.  One before the article, two inside the article and one after the article.  Whew!

How do people miss that?  How do I make it MORE obvious?

At FishDuck....in the upper right corner on desktop and pad is a cube of dots; click on that is a drop-down menu where one of the options is...the forum.  On mobile, it appears at the top as three short straight lines.

Has this Longhorn friend been online long?

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel
On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well...I do not know how much more obvious I can make it.  The opening page to FishDuck has a prominent yellow button taking you to the forum.  Inside each article are two references and links to the forum.  Then below the article in the announcements is again a reference and link to the forum.  That means FOUR references and links that are pretty hard to miss if you go to the main page and read even one current article.  One before the article, two inside the article and one after the article.  Whew!

At FishDuck....in the upper right corner on desktop and pad is a cube of dots; click on that is a drop-down menu where one of the options is...the forum.  On mobile, it appears at the top as three short straight lines.

Could it be that this Texas Longhorn friend is...Sark? That would explain a lot. 🙂 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The forum link animation suggestion is not intended for repeat users of the site, but for those who visit the Main FishDuck.com site for the first time.  (The current link highlights only if you happen to move your cursor over it.)

Was under the impression this "Topic" was a request for "suggestions" and not criticisms, which I did not intend.

Regret having ruffled your feathers.

Cat Have A Good Day GIF by MOODMAN

That is functionality that I've never done on the site....a link to an image instead of words inside an article.  The button with a link is something the web developer did on the top page, but in an article is not something I've done...so I will look into it.

Another thought?  Why don't you send the forum link to your friend and have him put it on his "favorites" or "bookmarks?"

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/17/2021 at 4:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

My friends....I am pretty much tapped out of Cat GIFs, as I saved the best ones for this thread about the history of Beaver Coaches. I put a ton of time into finding these for just that thread for the rivalry week.

I have to say though, that this one is a favorite as the cat first faked a slap, and the dog came back and did a mild "woof" as a last great act of defiance...and the cat was enraged he would dare do that.

You said what?

giphy.gif

Just like little brother!

I was laughing so hard at the "Just Like Little Brother" one --- so much so that I had to share it with my wife. 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 12/17/2021 at 11:15 AM, Charles Fischer said:

For those on mobile...you don't see it, but for those on desktop--there is a background picture behind the forum that shows up at the top, on the sides and at the bottom when you scroll to the end of a thread you are reading.

Any thoughts, requests or feedback?  I thought it was kinda cool to help set the mood and tone, and other sites do not do it.  Yet it can only be seen by half reading, as again it is only visible to those on pad and desktop.

If there are other suggestions...post them here or send them to me charles@fishduck.com and I thank you.

One suggestion to me was to have the "Donate" button prominent on the site to help with expenses.  I just sailed past a total of $5,000 spent on the forum since I began this journey back last December to now, so I think that was a good suggestion.

For those ready right now....go to this page, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Donate" button and thank you for helping to continue something very special in the web world!

Dye Time_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

Charles - It's obvious and evident to anyone who comes to Fishduck.com that you have put a tremendous amount of work and effort into it. The fact that you provide a healthy environment for Duck fans to come and share, and all without ads, is a wonderful thing.

As adults, we all know that nothing is free, and when we are using something of value, we all recognize that somebody is paying for it. In light of this, I would not be remotely shy about making the "Donate" button prominent.

I think you have created something of significant value here. Now that I have been enjoying your site for about a month, I will be clicking on the donate button and sending a "thank-you" your direction.

• Thanks 1