30Duck

Guess Which Pac-12 Team Leads The Conference In AP Poll Appearances?

Gosh I love stats like that in the morning....it smells like...victory.

Cyrus Habibi Likio plows through Huskies_Pac 12 Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

We've got to get to the stat that really counts - - - - number of National Title wins. 

16 hours ago, 30Duck said:

This makes a point I was trying to make the other day even stronger. The PAC 12 is considered a week conference, and rightfully so, BUT...

In the tweet above it shows that EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the PAC 12 has been in the top 25 (a minimum of 7 times) in the relatively short time that the PAC 12 has existed.

Has EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the SEC been in the top 25 during the same period???   The B1G??   The ACC??   The BIG12?

This is confusing to me. Are we a weak conference or not?

5 minutes ago, Jon Sousa said:

This is confusing to me. Are we a weak conference or not?

Yes, we are a weak conference. I don't have the stats but I would suspect the Pac's bowl wins are not up to the other conferences. Also I don't think the Pac produces the same amount of NFL players as other conferences, again just a feeling. 

1 minute ago, BigDucksFan said:

Yes, we are a weak conference. I don't have the stats but I would suspect the Pac's bowl wins are not up to the other conferences. 

This is why I said, "and rightfully so..."

We have done very poorly in OOC games and bowl games recently. 

But that doesn't explain why so many people want to say that the PAC belongs in the G6. How many conferences in the G5 have had half as many teams in the top 25 in the last 10 years?????

We treat the PAC 12 as if it is totally unredeemable and yet the last 10 years every single team has spent time in the top 25.

9 minutes ago, BigDucksFan said:

Also I don't think the Pac produces the same amount of NFL players as other conferences,

The Pac probably doesn't produce the same amount of NFL players as does Alabama, or national championships. LSU just won a title, Georgia, Texas A & M are in the mix. The B1G has Ohio State. Oklahoma has been a practice dummy in its appearances in the Playoffs, but it got in. Oregon would certainly help themselves by getting back to the Playoff, but the conference needs at least USC to be a viable contender as well. 

1 minute ago, 30Duck said:

but the conference needs at least USC to be a viable contender as well. 

Yep, the Pac needs several to be contenders to show strength of schedule. Playing Portland, UNLV and then no one in the top 15 does little to give the playoff committee confidence in your ability.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:53 AM, BigDucksFan said:

Yep, the Pac needs several to be contenders to show strength of schedule. Playing Portland, UNLV and then no one in the top 15 does little to give the playoff committee confidence in your ability.

Which is one reason, at least for now, that the Ducks should not shy away from a difficult OOC schedule. If everyone in the conference scheduled cupcakes and THEN we are 2-7 in bowl games????  It will be hard to get 3 teams in the top 25.