Krsmqn

BYU loss...

Does this BYU loss in their bowl game exemplify how the pac-12 is way way behind or is it simply BYU had a bad game?

I felt it was kinda hard to judge since their starting QB was out, although the backup has won a few games for them.  They certainly didn't look like a team to be afraid of... that last turnover was almost comical it was like the WR caught it and was like "ahh what's this thing get it away from me".  😄

• Haha 1

Hard to say, the only thing I knew about UAB is that it was where Gene Bartow, of "Deranged Idiot's" fame went to coach basketball after he was fired at UCLA in 1978.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:56 PM, Krsmqn said:

Does this BYU loss in their bowl game exemplify how the pac-12 is way way behind or is it simply BYU had a bad game?

Probably more the former than the later. But the result does perhaps prove that the BYU coach should not be the Oregon coach?

• Thumbs Up 1

IMHO BYU lost because they could not stop UAB and UAB won the line of scrimmage on both sides.  I wouldn't blame it on the QB change.

Edited by savagefund

On 12/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Probably more the former than the later. But the result does perhaps prove that the BYU coach should not be the Oregon coach?

Yes, I am counting my blessings. It could be too soon though to say that we dodged a bullet, yet again maybe it isn't - you never know. What we do know is the same BYU team that just obliterated the pac-12 south this year, lost to a team who has many people scratching their heads asking "who is UAB"?

I understand that it's just an exhibition game, but BYU should have used it to be a statement game, especially after a fairly strong season. 

Now, Oregon fans, knowing that we play BYU next year, are left with wondering what team is going to show up, when we do eventually play them. 

We won't have any kind of an idea of what this team Oregon is going to be until we see the spring game, and read the spring practice reports, but we will know that we are going to be presented with a BYU team that is going to put up a fight. 

Losing this bowl game is only going to serve as motivation for the BYU players for next fall. Seems like besides Georgia, Oregon fans have another fall OOC game to look forward to. And given the trajectory of the BYU program, bowl game aside, it could possibly have playoff implications. All of this is assuming that Oregon pulls together and manages to pull off a very good season next year. It's possible, but is it probable?

That is the question.

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 1