30Duck

Cal and Wilcox to the Rescue in the Gator Bowl?

California will get boat raced another Pac12 team goes down bowling. 

Read moments ago Illinois (or) Marshall will go bowling.

Sounds good. with all the covid mess he and his team has had to deal with,they deserve this more than anyone. Go Justin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reporting now Rutgers has accepted.

Come on, Brett

Shad Kahn, an Illinois alumni

. Kahn is an Illinois alumnus, maybe an alum, (singular), not an alumni, (plural)

• Haha 1

"... rumors that 5-7 Cal is heading to the Gator Bowl..."

I can't get past the part about a 5-7 team going to any bowl game, for any reason. I'd hope embarrassment alone would keep a 5-7 program from accepting 😉 .

But then again, I'm old.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:09 PM, Desert Duck said:

"... rumors that 5-7 Cal is heading to the Gator Bowl..."

I can't get past the part about a 5-7 team going to any bowl game, for any reason. I'd hope embarrassment alone would keep a 5-7 program from accepting 😉 .

But then again, I'm old.

I can recall when there were 4 bowl games and you had to be a conference champion to play in one of these games. No healthy player sat out one of these games. As I recall the Gator Bowl came in as the 5th game.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:12 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I can recall when there were 4 bowl games and you had to be a conference champion to play in one of these games. No healthy player sat out one of these games. As I recall the Gator Bowl came in as the 5th game.

Yep. The 4 I remember were the Orange, Cotton, Sugar and the Grandaddy of them all, the Rose Bowl. No players sat out of those games, and fans across the country watched those games. The winners of those games were voted N0.1.

Sometimes there was disagreement if the two different Voting bases disagreed, and that was great. It turns out that Oregon was involved with it all going crazy.

When the computer Picked Nebraska to play against Miami, despite everything saying it should have been Oregon, the cast was set. Now, instead of fanbases across the country being interested the whole season, 5 of them now wait until the Invitational, and 5-7 teams can play in a Bowl. 

• Thumbs Up 1