Duck1984

Herald Reports BMac to Miami as Done Deal

“And Oregon’s Bryan McClendon is replacing Rob Likens as the Canes’ receivers coach. Likens is UM’s offensive coordinator for the Dec. 31 Sun Bowl against Washington State.”

Article

• Thanks 1

Horrible with Todd Graham at ASU and could not recruit ___ Dillingham was the ASU head recruiting with him. 

I wonder, if we were playing in the Sun Bowl against Miami and Miami had two head coaches on the field, would that be a fair game? 

I suppose we have to trust McClendon is just helping Oregon out as best he can. I have said it before, I just don't like how it looks.

What isn't funny is he is making the same statements guys make when they have already made a decision, but don't want to talk about it. 

This one is especially convincing.

"The thing that is frustrating is I haven't even thought about it as much as some people have."

I'm not sure who looks worse, McClendon, Mullens, or I hope Oregon doesn't look too bad on the 29th.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why can't McClendon just tell the truth? The truth will be revealed soon after the Alamo Bowl is  played. Integrity matters.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, Haywarduck said:

What isn't funny is he is making the same statements guys make when they have already made a decision, but don't want to talk about it. 

"The thing that is frustrating is I haven't even thought about it as much as some people have."

I guess it doesn’t matter how it looks when your agent has cut your deal and you say you haven’t been talking to anyone other than your agent.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, Haywarduck said:

I wonder, if we were playing in the Sun Bowl against Miami and Miami had two head coaches on the field, would that be a fair game? 

I suppose we have to trust McClendon is just helping Oregon out as best he can. I have said it before, I just don't like how it looks.

I'm not sure who looks worse, McClendon, Mullens, or I hope Oregon doesn't look too bad on the 29th.

I just watched the tape of UTSA vs Sab Diego State and could not help but wonder the number, if any, of Pac-12 teams that could defeat UTSA or SDS?

These teams looked organized, aggressive, guys firing off the LOS and going up tempo when it made sense.

I don't know if there is coach other than Mario who took less advantage of his roster?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys he says he is there for the players and until I see different I will believe him.

I guess it's what they all do, don't know if there are rules or not. 

After the game and he leaves I will thank him for the 2 years he spent helping and recruiting Duck players.

I understand that that divorces are messy so I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

This year has been a real shake up for CFB. It's like this for so many teams..

The only ones that are a little better are the programs that hired within.

So many coaches moving to new teams. Tough career choice

• Thumbs Up 1

I can translate coach speak.  What he actually said is yep I am gone to Miami. 
Almost the same line Mario used before the Pac12 title game.