30Duck

Ohio State Doesn't Want all of their Rose Bowl Tickets

Wow

Never thought I'd see the day

Times sure have changed 

Just getting there would be a problem . With flight cancelations .

Pretty sad if you ask me.

Yikes! They greatly outnumbered Duck fans when we played them in the 2010 Rose Bowl. And speaking of numbers of fans, when the Ducks went to the 1995 Rose Bowl each team was allotted 40,000 tickets, leaving 20,000 for the executives (or whomever gets those tickets). Not long after that, the number of tickets per school was dropped to 20,000. 😢

Wow, they lose to one Pac-12 team and they give up, well done Ducks!

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Makes me wonder if it would be different if they were playing Oregon instead or if it is just the Michigan doldrums.

Edited by savagefund

Omicron could be a factor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boo hoo too entitled to enjoy the Rose Bowl since they didn't make the playoff and lost to "that school up north" (not to mention the Ducks, but they had already pretended that loss didn't count).  Probably the most deluded fan base in the country.  Yeah I don't like them much.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, noDucknewby said:

Probably the most deluded fan base in the country.  Yeah I don't like them much.

I'd have to say that title still goes to the team from up North, While theeOhio State is an arrogant, pompous bunch, they actually have the achievements to back it up. 

IDK if the Rose Bowl matters in years its not in CFP.  Who wants to pay $1000 for a game that many of the best players opt out. Any bowl outside of the CFP is becoming pointless. Throw in the coaching carousel and portal, and its a death wish for these storied bowls. Expand the CFP to incorporate all the historically valued bowls and use the lower tiered championship games to prop up the remaining Kimmie Jimmel type bowls. Crown a champ on first weekend of January.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Utah has asked for additional tickets; plan on selling at least 33,000 tickets.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 10:58 AM, Log Haulin said:

IDK if the Rose Bowl matters in years its not in CFP.  Who wants to pay $1000 for a game that many of the best players opt out. Any bowl outside of the CFP is becoming pointless. Throw in the coaching carousel and portal, and its a death wish for these storied bowls. Expand the CFP to incorporate all the historically valued bowls and use the lower tiered championship games to prop up the remaining Kimmie Jimmel type bowls. Crown a champ on first weekend of January.

Sadly I agree with most of your assessment.  College football is going through some pretty serious growing pains right now, I don't know if the sport going forward is going to resemble much what we've grown up with.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I'm definitely pulling for them in this one, besides hating tOSU I have to respect the team they've built.  It's what MC wanted but couldn't produce.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is really going to be a referendum on OH. ST. on paper, even with opt-outs, I think they should crush UTah,  But, every intangible is going the Utes way. 

Who the Hell is this Brandon Lunsford guy anyways? | GREAT AMERICAN MARCH  MADNESS XXVIII

• Haha 2

On 12/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I think Utah will play like they want it more. It's been a long while since they had a big bowl game. Go Pac12!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/24/2021 at 2:13 PM, noDucknewby said:

I'm definitely pulling for them in this one, besides hating tOSU I have to respect the team they've built.  It's what MC wanted but couldn't produce.

If Utah had figured out at the beginning of the season the portal QB who should have started the first 2 games, Rising, the Utes could likely have defeated BYU and San Diego State. The loss in Corvallis is puzzling to say the least. But the Beavs played tough at home and lost every road game but for the USC game.

Next year the Rose Bowl will matter. Goodness, I hate this BCS x 2!

• Thumbs Up 2

A little uniform advice to the Utes, put a little yellow on your uniforms, helmets, or at least a little on the mascot for the game. The yellow seems to be the nuts kryptonite. Gold doesn't work, it has to be yellow!

Crush the nuts Utes!

images-2.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ducks fans should refrain from criticizing the Rose Bowl turnout from other programs until we manage to fill our allotment, i.e. half the stadium in green and yellow.

As far as Ohio State and it's fans are concerned it's season ended with their loss of Michigan. 

For Oregon's fans are we much better? Our excitement right now is all wrapped up in the coaching hires. Personally, I'm not all that excited for the Alamo Bowl... I'll watch (unless it is really bad for the ducks then I'll turn it off) but I'm not anxiously awaiting Wednesday to come for the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, David Marsh said:

As far as Ohio State and it's fans are concerned it's season ended with their loss of Michigan. 

For Oregon's fans are we much better? Our excitement right now is all wrapped up in the coaching hires. Personally, I'm not all that excited for the Alamo Bowl... I'll watch (unless it is really bad for the ducks then I'll turn it off) but I'm not anxiously awaiting Wednesday to come for the game.

Ducks are playing a game Wednesday?

I expected a cancellation announcement for lack of interest.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm interested to see how we respond without Christobal dragging the team down. After watching this season I think we should consider ourselves lucky we got this far. Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:28 PM, Haywarduck said:

A little uniform advice to the Utes, put a little yellow on your uniforms, helmets, or at least a little on the mascot for the game. The yellow seems to be the nuts kryptonite. Gold doesn't work, it has to be yellow!

Crush the nuts Utes!

images-2.jpeg

Austin Powers: 'I used to think you were crazy but now I see your nuts!'

Every time we played Wisconsin in Pasadena the crowd was 65% red shirts. Hell, Nebraska and Tennessee fans held at lest 35% of Autzen Stadium in 2013 & 2017. Duck fans have no room to talk.

• Thumbs Up 1

2010 Rose Bowl when we played tOSU they also returned a portion of their tickets. I was expecting to see an all Oregon green and yellow stadium. We got our tickets thru the Duck ticket office and of course were in the end zone. We hiked up the stairs and turned around to see maybe two sideline sections and our end zone was Green. All the rest was Red. It seems Ohioans distain the cheap seats and buy sideline seats on the market instead of the athletic allotment.  tOSU were all over town, they were friendly and treated us well. They were just happy to be out of the snow.