Charles Fischer

Yikes: Huskies Lose Starting DT and BOTH Top Scoring Threats on Offense

A four year defensive tackle starter Sam Taimani (6'2" 330 lbs.)  is entering the portal along with star receiver Terrell Bynum, who was the only true Husky deep-threat.  Lost to the NFL is star tight end Cade Otton, and the Huskies are reeling...

Bynum Reportedly Enters Portal, Becoming 5th Husky to Exit by Dan Raley of Husky Maven
(The sixth-year senior is the second UW receiver to transfer this year, seventh in two years.)

2021 will be the year of Terrell Bynum – Realdawg.com

Is this very noble reporting Washington woes?   No.

Will I continue?  Yep.

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

🖕

thanks for the good news

Christmas just got merrier! 

One of the best Christmas gifts received today. Thanks Charles!

Gosh the Huskies are the gift that keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas OBD forum.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

You know....Oregon has open scholarships at defensive tackle and receiver from portal transfers recently....wouldn't that frost our friends to the north?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

DeBoer is not rallying the troops? And with Penix coming from Indiana to play QB I expect at least 1 QB will portal out.

I never get tired of Husky failure.  Sorry not sorry. 

Too bad, So sad !!   Would be hilarious to see one or two of them as Ducks in the future.

Bynum on that team is NO loss was 4th on depth chart and have the Nevada Gatorade Player of the 2021 6'3" WR.

Otton had worst luck and should have gone to the league in 2021 ___ Projected now late 3rd or 4th rounder. TE in traditional UW offense is gone and hearing Newweasle on Full Ride, UW TE more of a wideout.

Sammy T. __ Waste of talent and word is following his coach to either UCLA or former Dawg DC Coach Pete K to Texas.

Per ESPN Mock Draft more Dawgs __ Have have four UW players in the 1st two rounds. (McDuffie - So., Kirkland - Jr and Kyler something So.)

Are the rats fleeing the sinking ship?  Or is there just not enough prowess to go around?

• Thumbs Up 1

There ship is not sinking ___ Bad leadership from Petersen and the Token AD who is bad. Petersen bailed because he saw this ship taking on water. Herm Edwards will be in the same way next year. Only thing in his favor, his agent for years as player/head coach NFL is the ASU AD Ray Anderson.

De Boer will take two (2) years and Purple Puppies be back 8-9 wins. ASU will never be a legit program as president is ALL about academics and his new campus in China. Most people don't know ASU is largest PAC12 school with over 80K students in AZ and oversees.

Oregon and USC are about football and branding / helps enrollment and dollars generated. UCLA (14), Stanford (3rd), Washington (7th) California (4th) and Colorado (62) __ their board of regents are about endowments and US News & World Academic rankings, based on research and academic reputation per published ranking in December. Their numbers are impressive. Shocked USC (70th) then Arizona (99) ALL below 150 and lower Utah (151) ASU (165) Oregon (244) Oregon St. (295) and Wazzu (302). Chip knows, DeBoer will soon learn, Shaw has known and gotten tougher and Wilcox - poor guy lives in the World of Berserkly.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Charles, you are clearly guilty of Schadenfreude and must now penalize yourself.

On 12/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Charles, you are clearly guilty of Schadenfreude and must now penalize yourself.

Golden Rule, Schadenfreuding the huskies is allowed 24/7/365 and occasionally 366.  (And yes, I had to look it up, but so did Lake)

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 12:00 PM, Sun Devil Herb said:

and Wilcox - poor guy lives in the World of Berserkly.

Although, and more power to him, I think Justin doesn't mind coaching in Berserkly. It would take a run of 0-12 seasons for his seat to get warm. 

We are upset with losing 2 players thru portal. Almost everyone else is at 5 or more so far.

Even tOSU and Bama

Edited by Duck 1972
Didn't finish accidentally posted.

Upon reflection these are 1st world Duck affairs. As Duck fans we can get away from what is really wrong with the world, even within our small lives and dwell on this interesting fandom of thought.

We live in a zero sum game world as fans. If the dawgs lose, we win, and if we win, the dawgs lose. There is delight in both winning and others losing. 

I'm glad I live in a non-zero sum game world. It is a wonderful life to live.

On a day like today it is hard to go negative on the dawgs, but I did crack a little smile, I have to admit.

5z3cr9.gif

I was thinking about this....as an entertainment feature here...a regular thing?  Keeping track of the negative stuff of a team, and passing along their delusional stuff is highly entertaining.  This has been common on the pay-forums for the over 20 years I've been on them.

Since most of you are NOT on them...I might just start bringing more to you.  Because for example I'm a member of 247...then I can read the Husky equivalent for free and copy-and-paste their silly stuff as I did this morning.

I pondered..."what teams would I want to follow on this?"  Only the Huskies and Trojans, since they seem to be most obsessed with us, and Washington is such a long-term hated rival.

It really is great entertainment.

Husky Bum.jpg

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/25/2021 at 1:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I was thinking about this....as an entertainment feature here...a regular thing?  Keeping track of the negative stuff of a team, and passing along their delusional stuff is highly entertaining.  This has been common on the pay-forums for the over 20 years I've been on them.

Since most of you are NOT on them...I might just start bringing more to you.  Because for example I'm a member of 247...then I can read the Husky equivalent for free and copy-and-paste their silly stuff as I did this morning.

I pondered..."what teams would I want to follow on this?"  Only the Huskies and Trojans, since they seem to be most obsessed with us, and Washington is such a long-term hated rival.

It really is great entertainment.

Husky Bum.jpg

It might be interesting to follow the Hurricanes as they go through their awakening. The doubt will begin slowly and then, a program such as the Hurricanes, will turn on Mario like no other.

Following slick at FSU wasn't really that fun, just a train wreck you could see coming a mile away.

5z3gk0.jpg

Washington is at a point where they need to burn a large portion of the program down.... Or let it burn more to the point... And then rebuild. 

Though for us Duck fans... This is a whole lot of fun watching the program burn. 

On 12/25/2021 at 2:34 PM, David Marsh said:

This is a whole lot of fun watching the program burn. 

image.jpeg.830adf6fb12cc213a9af0cf64f73e191.jpeg

Starting understand bitterness towards UW... Like UA vs. ASU. UA leads series 49-46-1 and Sun Devils have their numbers like reading on this subject so looked up. Made huge catch-up as read here with the Ducks over the last 15. Todd Graham, Herm and even old Oregon Assistant Bruce Snyder had their way with the Devils.

Oregon has made nice decade run on Purple Puppies.... Looked up still large gap  UW 60-48-5 ____ One thing like USC and UW, they have national championships in their trophy cases. History or not they are on the board. Sports junkie Colorado has one as well. Three (3) PAC 12 teams. pretty sad. 

CFB what was the last time a PAC 12 team was in it?

On 12/25/2021 at 3:15 PM, Sun Devil Herb said:

Oregon has made nice decade run on Purple Puppies.... Looked up still large gap  UW 60-48-5 ____

Until Autzen Stadium opened the Dirty Dawgs insisted Oregon host them in Portland, basically a neutral site game every other year.

Must be a bad day in Fuskyville? Oh darn. I feel so bad that Im going to pour another shot of Wild Turkey. 

Yes Ducker there is a Santa!!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UW, they have national championships in their trophy cases

Wrong.  The best you can say is half a championship, but the reality is that it was a poll, that declared them half-champs.  One year later they were slapped with penalties by the NCAA and the conference for cheating so vast we do not want to waste time on it again here.  Thus their championship was won by cheating, and only the Huskies would claim otherwise. In the modern day--those trophies would be returned as USC had to do in 2004.

Herb....It would be nice if you would explain your relationship to the Ducks, and why an ASU fan would hang out here.  Not complaining, but puzzled.  I would not hang out at another school's site unless I was 19 again and wanted to Troll.  You do not appear to be Trolling, so...what is your story?

My thanks.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon has made nice decade run on Purple Puppies.

Actually, since 1964, Oregon-Washington have played 56 times, didn't play in 2001 or 2020. The record is 28-28. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, 30Duck said:

Actually, since 1964, Oregon-Washington have played 56 times, didn't play in 2001 or 2020. The record is 28-28. 

I like to look at the level playing field record.  Prior to the 1996 scholarship limits, program could stockpile talaent a la the NY Yankees.

But, with equal 85 scholly rosters, the record is UO 18 - UW 6.    That's damn near Globetrotters vs. Generals level domination.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

idontrollonshobbas!

You returned yesterday for the first time since last January! (Yes, my administrator control panel tells me all that stuff)  Great to have you back, and I must confess that there are tons of people like you who signed up during the first three month life of this forum in the first quarter of this year. And many of you would not know it is back, and I have not yet sent emails to everyone.

How did you find it alive again?  

And WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

But, with equal 85 scholly rosters, the record is UO 18 - UW 6

3X is a nice sample. I remember a while back, we were checking and had to go back to the 70's to find a clear advantage for UDUD.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, Charles Fischer said:

idontrollonshobbas!

You returned yesterday for the first time since last January! (Yes, my administrator control panel tells me all that stuff)  Great to have you back, and I must confess that there are tons of people like you who signed up during the first three month life of this forum in the first quarter of this year. And many of you would not know it is back, and I have not yet sent emails to everyone.

How did you find it alive again?  

And WELCOME!

Charles, I have been a lurker for a long time...always enjoy the site a lot.  Just posted again tho.....

On 12/25/2021 at 6:11 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Charles, I have been a lurker for a long time...always enjoy the site a lot.  Just posted again tho.....

Cool.  Welcome back and do post often.  As you have seen--we work really hard to protect everyone so they can post without any concerns of getting nasty backlash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, Sun Devil Herb said:

Starting understand bitterness towards UW... Like UA vs. ASU. UA leads series 49-46-1 and Sun Devils have their numbers like reading on this subject so looked up. Made huge catch-up as read here with the Ducks over the last 15. Todd Graham, Herm and even old Oregon Assistant Bruce Snyder had their way with the Devils.

Oregon has made nice decade run on Purple Puppies.... Looked up still large gap  UW 60-48-5 ____ One thing like USC and UW, they have national championships in their trophy cases. History or not they are on the board. Sports junkie Colorado has one as well. Three (3) PAC 12 teams. pretty sad. 

CFB what was the last time a PAC 12 team was in it?

The PAC 12 had a shot at a couple more but Oregon and ASU couldn’t get it done. Both have been foiled by Ohio State. USC is the only school that has won an outright championship. UW (Miami) and CU (GT) both split their titles.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

On 12/25/2021 at 6:59 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Wrong.  The best you can say is half a championship, but the reality is that it was a poll, that declared them half-champs.  One year later they were slapped with penalties by the NCAA and the conference for cheating so vast we do not want to waste time on it again here.  Thus their championship was won by cheating, and only the Huskies would claim otherwise. In the modern day--those trophies would be returned as USC had to do in 2004.

Herb....It would be nice if you would explain your relationship to the Ducks, and why an ASU fan would hang out here.  Not complaining, but puzzled.  I would not hang out at another school's site unless I was 19 again and wanted to Troll.  You do not appear to be Trolling, so...what is your story?

My thanks.

Just think. Today Billy Joe could have scored that money free and clear; just call it an NIL deal. And Don James coaches for another decade or so?

On 12/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, Charles Fischer said:

UW, they have national championships in their trophy cases

Crew doesn't count.

Let’s face it. These kids are taught disloyalty when they are in high school. It’s commonplace to jump from high school to high school if your a top tier player even from state to state. Recruiting is commonplace any more for these kids. It’s no wonder there is very little loyalty when they hit college.

I do love it however when it hits the fuskies.

😂😂😂

On 12/25/2021 at 8:06 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I like to look at the level playing field record.  Prior to the 1996 scholarship limits, program could stockpile talaent a la the NY Yankees.

But, with equal 85 scholly rosters, the record is UO 18 - UW 6.    That's damn near Globetrotters vs. Generals level domination.

Jonny, you're out of your element! One of The Greatest handles of all time. Congrats, Dude.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Jonny, you're out of your element! One of The Greatest handles of all time. Congrats, Dude.

That rug really tied the room together.......

• Haha 1

More good news from Montlake:

Trent McDuffie entering NFL Draft.

Not sure if this is new, but UW's Will Latu entered the Portal today.  A former 4-star LB.

• Thanks 1