Annie

OT - Anyone Else Seeing Snow Mixed in with the Rain?

I just looked out the window and noticed fat snowflakes mixed in with the rain here in SW Eugene. (At just about the 500' level.)

We are supposed to have a bunch of snow tonight, but I don't know...

Mr. FishDuck

38 and raining in Beaverton now. 

No snow in Tualatin-just rain

OBD Your Full Service Forum: Now with Weather Reports. It's currently 72 and clear in San Antonio. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, of course, now it is just raining here! 😀

Snow in the rain in Grants Pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

Went from snow in rain to snow and sticking in about a half-hour!  Am I dreaming of a white Christmas?

• Thumbs Up 1

73 in Miami with a light tropical breeze. Tomorrow 82 and sunny. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2021 at 4:33 PM, PittDuck said:

Snow in the rain in Grants Pass.

Rain in Silverton 36 deg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2021 at 5:49 PM, Captaincane said:

73 in Miami with a light tropical breeze. Tomorrow 82 and sunny. 

It is a good thing I disabled the negative response emojis, otherwise my own impulse control would be severely tested...  

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

23 and snowing in Lapine 

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m in Dallas, Tx from Bend, Or for a month for the holidays.  Likely snowing at home, but 83 and sunny tomorrow here, likely a day at the lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 and nothing

Canby, OR 

Currently 52 with light drizzle in York, PA. 

10,000 degrees and climbing in Montlake, where it never freezes over (unlike Autzen where, well you know).

only a couple inches so far in McKenzie Br..

Snow in Dexter is minimal,  but sticking.

20211226_021721.jpg

20211226_021659.jpg

We had a similar light dusting in North Eugene...

Nice decorations Wounded Knees!

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks!

That O was my grandson's Christmas present to his late uncle (My rabid Duck fan son), a couple year's ago. 

The snow definitely highlights the view!

January, 1966, winter term. The guys in my dorm (Debusk Hall) only knew 2 people from Chicago: me & Al Capone. They constantly teased me about my "Chicago accent."

Then one night, I looked out my window into the quad between dorms ... and saw all these goofballs from California & Oregon ... chasing snowflakes. Many had never seen snow before. Me & Al stayed in our rooms.

By the way, it's a gorgeous, sunny Sunday morning and 60° in North Florida (AKA, "Paradise").

About an inch on the ground in Wilsonville and 31 degrees this morning.

I feel for those who live in Florida where the change of the seasons means going from constantly sweating to constantly warm. Seasons is one of the things which fill me up.

Winter leads to spring where you know all things come alive, along with spring football practice. Summer means the days are long and fall football is just around the corner. If I lived in the south I would never know what part of the football calendar I was in.

I suppose that is why in the south it is always football season? I will take my season's any day, and the beautiful snow I see falling this morning, on a simply elegant white blanket covering the ground!

Sisters-sunrise-Brenda-Jaros.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Annie, it’s white out this morning!

57D38AA1-3FEB-4261-A7D1-36666C889B58.jpeg

93968E4E-1347-42BE-8B6F-AFE9B6C33C75.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

The view is always nice. This morning it’s a little better

FAE8C991-55E4-4A83-BC26-E9A762D5CF15.jpeg

It got really cold and showed all night in Beaverton. Woke up to a Winter Wonderland!

About 1 inch in Tualatin--

4" in Keizer.

About 2" at my house, snowing off and on.

January 19, 1977. Boy, was I surprised. We were all surprised ...

s.JPG

Late to the party (what else is new being 2 - 5 hours behind everyone 😄) but I'm sure you were all waiting for the weather report here.

It's 71 degrees at 8 am with blue skies and white fluffy clouds. And a bonus rainbow!

Love to see the pictures of snow. Miss the Northwest and seeing Duck games in person.

Happy holidays OBD!

IMG_20211219_074839.jpg

Edited by HawaiiDuck

No. It's 70 degrees here. But id do see 3 snowmen on my golf scorecard; not good.

• Haha 1

Not that snow has to be a problem

image.jpeg.e7a0c7a274956a2b100a5a757afd46a6.jpeg

• Haha 2

Earlier this morning. There's about 3-4" on the deck now, a bit less in the front yard.

Snow 122621.jpg

On 12/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jon Joseph said:

No. It's 70 degrees here. But id do see 3 snowmen on my golf scorecard; not good.

Ouch! How many holes left to play?

On 12/26/2021 at 1:37 PM, DUCKED said:

Ouch! How many holes left to play?

Now that's CHILLY!

I have a friend in London, Oregon... It's a couple miles above the head of Cottage Grove Reservoir.

He says they woke up to 13" of fresh snow and no power. Last time they lost power his family was without it for more than 10 days,

Wish for a white Christmas?

Be careful what you ask for!

You know what I wish I would have asked for?  Everyone to post a picture of their Christmas decorations, as I really enjoyed the pictures of the snow and decorations in this thread.

Next year!

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You know what I wish I would have asked for?  Everyone to post a picture of their Christmas decorations, as I really enjoyed the pictures of the snow and decorations in this thread.

Next year!

Well, here's my tree.

Tree 2021.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, Haywarduck said:

I feel for those who live in Florida where the change of the seasons means going from constantly sweating to constantly warm. Seasons is one of the things which fill me up.

Your empathy for us Floridians is appreciated but we hear there’s a new contraption called “Air Condition”  …………we are saving to buy one for our “double wide”. 

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, Captaincane said:

Your empathy for us Floridians is appreciated but we hear there’s a new contraption called “Air Condition”  …………we are saving to buy one for our “double wide”. 

I'm looking forward to gitten A/C for my house too. I only need it at night, as I like to sleep at about 60 degrees. I like to spend most of the day outside, without wilting. 

I can't understand how people put up with heat and humidity. I do enjoy a few weeks in Hawaii a year, but the idea of Arizona's stifling heat or the south's heat and humidity have no allure to me. My biggest experience was going to Costa Rica and I couldn't stand the heat and humidity there. The air is hot, the water too hot and the humidity, crazy.

To each his own and all in good humor, as we are all different and enjoy different things. I enjoyed skiing this morning, love the snow. Some can't stand the snow. I actually love everything about snow, from shoveling it to driving in it, to skiing through multiple feet of it. Summers a great too, but keep me away from the humidity. 

I hope you enjoy Mario. He made most everyone here feel pretty good when he arrived. Maybe it was just a cultural thing. His shtick got old, but maybe it won't down in Miami, best of luck.

You might want to git more than one A/C unit if you have a double wide. My single wide only needs one!

5z639k.jpg

On 12/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, Captaincane said:

Spouse or vehicle?

• Haha 1