DanLduck

If You Aren't Cheating, You Aren't Trying.

I've heard that is a saying in the SEC.

I've also heard that Texas A&M coach said that NIL has been around for a long time, only now its legal!

I'm seeing some hesitancy in new coaching hires by Lanning. Worries that infractions may occur. So what.

If Texas can pay Olineman $50k/year, anything goes.

We want a Natty, at any cost. Right?

So, let's get to it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I too feel the change in CFB is not for the best. But change is inevitable. Buckle up and play to win is my motto.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Guest KingT

Fair point. The sooner we all admit that the college football most of us grew up with is no longer -- the game has changed and we better keep up or pack up.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, DanLduck said:

I've also heard that Texas A&M coach said that NIL has been around for a long time, only now its legal!

Well, he WAS the head coach a Free Shoes University (FSU) for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 1

For certain the burden of the rule book has been lifted. 

Especially for boosters. Just bring a good proposal that entices players. Coaches and administrations will have their arms wide open.

Can't you feel the love. All warm and fuzzy. 

Whatever under the table deals were done in the past, we may never know about. Doesn't matter, the future of football is upon us.

If there were any prior shenanigans at Alabama,  Georgia or Memphis, well Coach Lanning may have learned a few tricks. Glad he would no longer have to hide any.

Here's wishing Coach Lanning has learned the best from those coaching staffs about.......

Player development

In game coaching adjustments

Building a CFP worthy team that all Duck fans can be proud of.

Go Ducks......

• Thumbs Up 1

Integrity matters.  

Usually I blather on about subjects.

This time I just want to say I don't want my University tarnished going after that elusive title. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 3

On 12/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, Mike West said:

Integrity matters.  

Usually I blather on about subjects.

This time I just want to say I don't want my University tarnished going after that elusive title. 

Thanks for understanding my sarcasm. You said it exactly right. 

Bringing in Klemm and Lupoi is a definite signal from Lanning that we will henceforth have an SEC mentality.  I’m not certain that’s a good direction to go.  However, it does fit nicely with “If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying.” 

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, DanLduck said:

I've heard that is a saying in the SEC.

I'm seeing some hesitancy in new coaching hires by Lanning. Worries that infractions may occur. So what.

If Texas can pay Olineman $50k/year, anything goes.

We want a Natty, at any cost. Right?

So, let's get to it!

But, It Just Means More! Right,  Florida, MIZZOU and Auburn?

You know the old saying--"Good Guys Never Win"

On 12/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, Jon Joseph said:

But, It Just Means More!

And, this is why the sport is where it is. 3/4 of the Pac-12 Presidents wouldn't know the coach of the football team if he walked by him. The greed of the SEC against the apathy of the Pac-12. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, 30Duck said:

And, this is why the sport is where it is. 3/4 of the Pac-12 Presidents wouldn't know the coach of the football team if he walked by him. The greed of the SEC against the apathy of the Pac-12. 

SEC, The Gordan Gecko Conference?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Many of the star players in college football have received under the table compensation in the past. University of Washington running back Hugh McElhenny once claimed that he took a cut in pay when he went to the pros. Granted the pro game is much more lucrative now but you are naive if you don’t think this has gone on at all programs in some form or another. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just the few that get caught.