McDuck

Holiday Bowl Cancelled Due to UCLA

UCLA couldn't meet COVID protocols.  Guess they were 'day to day'.  Apparently NC State is a bit angry.

"Felt lied to, to be honest," Doeren said. "We felt like UCLA probably knew something was going on, didn't tell anybody on our side. We had no clue they were up against that. I don't feel like it was very well handled from their university. It would have been great to have had a heads up so two or three days ago we could have found a Plan B. Disappointing."

ESPN

Sounds unprofessional to not have NC State in the loop and on speed dial.

• Thumbs Up 2

Chip typically avoids revealing player health issues.  He must believe it gives him some advantage.  

Agreed what's going on with the privacy that everyone overdoes

Well Coach, I hope you the boys got some nice sea food and maybe were able to watch Shamoo surface? 

What else can one expect from a Darn Yankee from New Hampshire!

I guess the coach didn't know what was Bruin?

• Haha 6

They could Bearly hang in there.

• Haha 4

Looks like the team ended up in a grizzly mess.

• Haha 4

I guess they thought San Diego was "the woods".

Now U C L A, now you don't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Chip use to create the greatest show in football, now just the greatest no show. A crowning moment to his latest chapter.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Doren has sloppy thinking. It is wrong to just guess at what was happening to the other team and post his suspicions. The internet and social media already brings us too much speculation laid out as semi-facts or probable's.

Guest Axel

Regardless of what went on behind the scenes, this was not a good look for UCLA and the Pac-12.

The lesson, as always:  Don’t bRuin your life.  

• Haha 2

On 12/29/2021 at 11:56 AM, Axel said:

Regardless of what went on behind the scenes, this was not a good look for UCLA and the Pac-12.

Chip is now in coaching limbo. 1 year left on his contract and his buyout disappears the middle of next month.  Chip's agent is the hard-bargaining Jimmy Sexton. The UCLA athletic department has a $40M deficit. This will be a tough call for new AD. No one wants to play for a lame duck (forgive me Puddles) and with no contract extension and the portal, will UCLA have team left. What will UCLA be able to pay a new coach?

On 12/29/2021 at 12:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Chip is now in coaching limbo.

Remember when everyone wanted him to take the Florida gig so he wouldn't be back in the Pac 12 as an opponent.  That actually worked out pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

This will be a tough call for new AD.

Tough and a sign of life in UCLA that heretofore hasn't existed. UCLA is basketball, and hoops is going well. If the AD takes notice of how the football team is doing at all would be surprising, if they go to the trouble of firing/hiring a new coach, surprising. 

Big bro, USC has a shiny new coach, and its fans are of course thinking national championships again. This seems like the situation that would push UCLA to make a move. But I don't see it.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:31 PM, 30Duck said:

Tough and a sign of life in UCLA that heretofore hasn't existed. UCLA is basketball, and hoops is going well. If the AD takes notice of how the football team is doing at all would be surprising, if they go to the trouble of firing/hiring a new coach, surprising. 

Big bro, USC has a shiny new coach, and its fans are of course thinking national championships again. This seems like the situation that would push UCLA to make a move. But I don't see it.

If it could do so and stay in the Pac-12, I wonder if UCLA would drop football.? The financial woes of teams in the Pac-12 do most certainly effect Oregon. I truly hope that Schill and other Oregon leaders are pondering whether to pledge the media rights beyond 2026 without first considering a new home for the Ducks.? The 'new B12' would be happy to add SC and Oregon in a NY minute. Possibly with a bigger piece of the pie for both schools?

It just frustrates me to no end that the conference did not expand when it could and should have. Look around the conference. How many teams have the want-to and can afford to spend the money needed to realistically compete on a national level? BCS? USC and Oregon made the grade. Playoff? Oregon and UW have made the final 4. It's time to fish or end up being the bait.