FishDuck Article

Alamo Bowl Gameday Thread: Why It Matters for Oregon

So is the offense doing just enough to keep Ty on the sideline?

• Haha 2

Buzby .... Coach great show but you are missing it ... KT just suited up and is going to play 4th quarter because he feels he owes it to his teammates!

Edited by LADuck
  • Haha 2

I have to give the Ducks a lot of credit. I was seeing a final of 66-3. But they have come back, defense can't stop Oklahoma. but the offense has not shut it down,

• Thumbs Up 1

The one good thing is that normally after a performance like this I want the coaches gone and then I realize I might of overreacted. This time I can say I want the coaches gone and they are actually going to be gone next year.

Edited by duck023
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/29/2021 at 8:56 PM, 30Duck said:

I have to give the Ducks a lot of credit. I was seeing a final of 66-3. But they have come back, defense can't stop Oklahoma. but the offense has not shut it down,

I feel like that is just more bad luck to screw with anyone that wanted to see our future qbs. Although personally I'm glad they made it a little respectable because I don't like being stomped by Oklahoma. I was at that elite 8 game when Oklahoma just trashed Oregon and that wasn't fun. 

• Like 1

Oh what a difference a healthy D makes!

Started the season with a defense like Gang Green.  Ending with gangrene.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

If I weren't so lazy I would figure out what percentage of game one starters are playing tonight. My guess is somewhere around 50%?

Stoops has something I never saw from MC... A Take No Prisoners, Killer Instinct!

Oregon needs to learn to turn on the jets and keep the pedal to the metal!

Edited by woundedknees

Moorehead was just joking in the press box with another coach and they were laughing as the other coach played as though he was wearing handcuffs.  I'm guessing that conversation was about MC had the offense handcuffed and even though they're getting stomped, at least Moorehead can call a game with some creativity and downfield throws.

• Thanks 1

Is it finally Ty time?

...and with 8:45 left in the game it's AB once again!

Because it's Oklahoma, if the Ducks get another touchdown they have to try an onside kick. 

• Thanks 1

Young receivers are playing really well

What the heck... This is damning evidence of how bad the play calling has been under MC.

You can see the confidence growing in the offense.

Edited by woundedknees

Where have these 2nd half throws been?  

Now we just need a fumble on kickoff returned for a Duck TD followed by successful onside kick.

If you were a QB or RB why would you come to Oregon? They refuse to play them at all.

Unless they're all injured?

Come on its a stupid bowl game.

The killer are the stats are almost dead even.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 12:18 AM, woundedknees said:

What the heck... This is damning evidence of how bad the play calling has been under MC.

Anybody that's still upset about MC leaving is crazy.  We had 4 receivers quit the team because of him in the last month of the season.  He was on the verge of turning Oregon into a dumpster fire because it was going to be a mass exodus of offensive talent that had already begun.

• Like 1

Hey atleast the East Coast kids will wake up and see a pretty respectable score?

• Like 1

I know this game is pretty much over, but Oregon's players haven't quit.

• Like 1

I’ve been a fan since Bob Berry was quarterback, my dad, myself, and my son graduated from Oregon, and my grandfather was on the Board of Regents at Oregon.  I struggled to watch even the first half, then quit.  It was an embarrassment to the school, the athletic department, the team and the players.  There was nothing to be gained by playing this game, it hurt recruiting, it hurt our new coach.  

Numerous other teams found ways not to compete, we should have done the same.  We also shouldn’t have allowed an assistant coach going to Miami to spend all this prep time with Oregon players creating a temptation to transfer.  As much as I love Oregon football, there was nothing to be gained by this game.  I sincerely hope this doesn’t damage our new coaches effort moving forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Terrible refs!  They should have whistled the ball dead.

On 12/29/2021 at 9:33 PM, 47sgs said:

I’ve been a fan since Bob Berry was quarterback, my dad, myself, and my son graduated from Oregon, and my grandfather was on the Board of Regents at Oregon.  I struggled to watch even the first half, then quit.  It was an embarrassment to the school, the athletic department, the team and the players.  There was nothing to be gained by playing this game, it hurt recruiting, it hurt our new coach.  Numerous other teams found ways not to compete, we should have done the same.  We also shouldn’t have allowed an assistant coach going to Miami to spend all this prep time with Oregon players creating a temptation to transfer.  As much as I love Oregon football, there was nothing to be gained by this game.  I sincerely hope this doesn’t damage our new coaches effort moving forward.

I feel your angst. But I disagree 100% about quitting on the bowl game.

Never quit. Never give up. 

A bowl game allows players extra practice reps before the bowl that other teams are not allowed.

Use this experience like a clam uses an irritant to create a pearl. 

Time to reset and gear up for next season. 

Go Ducks