Charles Fischer

Prediction Contest for the Alamo Bowl!

Hello My OBD Forum Friends!

This is the last game for eight months, so let's enjoy all we can!  Take your shot and let's have fun with it...

Lets get these predictions started and remember I look for the spread with then the closest score that has the spread correct. The data I need from you is:  (entries without all the information are invalid, and predictions on other threads don't count as I am not going to hunt them all down)

--the winner

--the score, and the tiebreaker information needed from each of you is...

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team

--the number of passing yards. 

My guess is:  Oklahoma 34-20, 1, 1, 221 (C'mon Anthony Brown...have a GREAT GAME!)

Stage Set For Alamo Bowl

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon 30 Oklahoma 27  2 , 1, 228

38-28 Ducks 1, 2, 263 yards one of the freshman qbs come in partway into the 3rd and light it up while the sooners keep stacking the box to stop the run. Moorehead goes out feeling vindicated and Cristobal looks less like the coach Miami thought they bought. We have a real qb competition going into spring. 

• Thumbs Up 1

OU 33-10, 2, 1, 123

Edited by Duck1984

Oklahoma 38-17, 1, 0, 245

Boy I hope I am wrong....

Go Ducks. Let's be the team you were in the shoe. Run it down their throats and make me a bad game predictor.

28-17 Okie. 2-1-192. 

If AB is benched

31-28 Ducks 1-1- 228

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT

49-21 OU (sorry to say), but you have a heavily depleted Duck squad and OU as well. But they have a NFL QB in the making.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:38 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Hello My OBD Forum Friends!

This is the last game for eight months, so let's enjoy all we can!  Take your shot and let's have fun with it...

Lets get these predictions started and remember I look for the spread with then the closest score that has the spread correct. The data I need from you is:  (entries without all the information are invalid, and predictions on other threads don't count as I am not going to hunt them all down)

--the winne

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team

--the number of passing yards. 

My guess is:  Oklahoma 34-20, 1, 1, 221 (C'mon Anthony Brown...have a GREAT GAME!)

Stage Set For Alamo Bowl

My guess Ok 41-10, 0, 1, 170 I say all this because if I'm the Sooners DC just stack the box against the run and make Brown beat you and we should know this did not end well when it was put on him. I would only hope that Thompson can get in to let him see what he can do as it just sometimes takes a spark for a team to get going and even though I'm not interested in this game it would be nice to see the youngster Thompson get a chance. Then goodbye ex coach's hello Lanning and then we can get this bad taste out for good. Thank you Fishduck.

• Thumbs Up 2

41-27 OU. Stoops is the decider. 

0-1-210

I don't think it will be fun for Duck fans to watch.

Boomer 41-26, 2, 2, 241.

On 12/29/2021 at 11:51 AM, Log Haulin said:

28-17 Okie. 2-1-192. 

If AB is benched

31-28 Ducks 1-1- 228

LOL!  I don't even think this was meant to be humorous.  

I am leaving work early, told Director of HR that it is Alamo bowl time. Her daughter also went to UO, so she basically said if they lose you will be hung over tomorrow so don't bother coming in. We laughed, then started plotting to go see the Stanford game. Win, lose or draw, I want to se UO show up, I want to see AB play like he can hit 70% passes and them over 3 yards. I want to see Dye and Cardwell pop off 100 yards minimum each, and Sewell and Dorlus sack sack sack

Guest Axel

My dire prediction is Oklahoma 38, Oregon 10. 1 turnover, 0 sacks.

I'll be rooting that I lose this contest.

On 12/29/2021 at 9:01 AM, Jester said:

Boomer 41-26, 2, 2, 241.

LOL!  I don't even think this was meant to be humorous.  

Meant for entertainment.  Glad I helped 😁. Okie situation is a lot like the Ducks. A ton of missing pieces. This could go any direction and prediction is almost impossible.  

Oregon 31-28 1, 2 and 185

Travis Dye is MVP

Brutal topic Charles. Our hearts are with the Ducks, but our minds lead us elsewhere. Since I don't want to pick our opponent, I'll sit out this contest. 

Whatever happens, thanks for managing FishDuck. Happy New Year!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Ducks 34-27. 2,2, 214

If I watch the whole game,  42-28, 2, 3, 315 yds.

--the winner Oregon 42-28

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates, 2

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team, 3

--the number of passing yards. 315 yds

If I end up changing channels, all bets are off. The 3rd down conversion rate on both sides is where I will focused. If it looks like Mario is on Joe's headset I may be joining the high definition generation!

5zf4fp.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

OU 42-21, 1, 1, 120.  Game is probably over by half time and I wouldn't expect a miracle turnaround like TCU did to us last time...

Aww. Shoughs... oh, wait!

OREGON/29-17/2-3/222

Eternal optimist in me lives!

I see the Ducks in an upset 31-28, OU has a lot of folks not playing also.

It's going to be a sloppy, crazy, big-play, missed-tackles, mess of a game. It may be decided by which team mentally calls it quits first.

Maybe the players will remember that Lanning will carefully watch the tape.

But, Ducks have too many missing players on both sides of the ball.

Oklahoma 42-24, 2, 0, 275

42-15 Ducks 

234 passing yards 

two

three

Guest Axel

Apologies for the double post. I neglected to predict passing yards in my prior post:

My dire prediction is Oklahoma 38, Oregon 10. 1 turnover, 0 sacks, 152 passing yards.

I'll be rooting that I lose this contest.

OK 34 Ducks 28  1 TO  1 sack 175 PY

51 - 49 Ducks in OT, not sure how many.

2 TOs

1 sack

165 yds

Happy New Year to all and thank you in advance for hoping I get my second win of the year.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Williams plays the whole game and I believe Big Game Bob is enough of a pxxxk to play him for 60 minutes:

OK 55 - Oregon - 24

1/1/175

Stay healthy Noah! And everyone else. Do not want to see any Duck dinged to the point where he is not healthy for spring ball. Nationally, this game will have no meaning come Friday.

How many recruits today are on the OK/OR fence? I doubt that there are very many. I wonder how many recruits, especially in the east, will tune in to watch this game that will end on Thursday eastern time. IMO, this game is not worth the candle. How many players in this game see playing in it as a reward? It exposes the 'Student (?) - Athletes' to a risk of injury not equal to the reward. 

If we had a 16 game playoff on the other hand, this would be a first round playoff game for both schools with 16 Oklahoma at 1 Alabama and 14 Oregon at 3 Georgia, with very few if any drop outs and with millions of more eyeballs on the 2 games than will be watching the Alamo Bowl tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:45 PM, Jon Joseph said:

14 Oregon at 3 Georgia,

I think KT would play in this one, and Lanning would be on the other side of the field for the 1st game of next season. Alas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoma wins 48-24

0 TO’s 

1 sack

192 passing yards.

Ducks

34-31

Ducks O comes alive with passing of the guard at QB which wakes up the D in a come from behind victory!

UO 38

OU 31

2 Tos

2 Sacks

227 Passing yards

Oregon

38-31

DUCKS 42 Sooners 36

2 turnovers

2 sacks

252 Yards passing for Anthony Brown. Go AB!

GO DUCKS!

I am a hopeless optimist.

Ducks 31 - 24

2 turnovers

1sack

225 yrs passing

Oklahoma 42  Oregon 24

1 TO

2  Sack

242 Yards

Too many players not in tonight we unfortunately lose somewhere in neighborhood of 38 to 21 ... hope I am wrong and we get a win.