Charles Fischer

Best Oregon Uniforms Since 2010? Cool Choices...

You know...they have a lot of cool uniforms in this article, but not all the best ones, IMHO.  The reason is that there are so many!  Which is your favorite?

Darron Thomas to De Anthony Thomas_Amazing Moments Photography.jpg

This is one of my favorites, the "Confederate" of yellow, silver and grey.  BTW...that Nevada uniform looked better than what they wore last year with a grey helmet...uuggh.

Mr. FishDuck

If Oregon could only have one uniform...HORROR!!! I hope it would be this one:

07e9e7_f3b683335e99483db7b29880fc77867f~mv2.webp

I love the all Apple Green. Looks great, really shows up well on TV, and it's what the Ducks wore when they clobbered Florida State 59-20 at the Rose Bowl in the first-ever college football playoff game.

Headshot Mariota CS.jpg

I can't resist, as I had to show another...as I liked the wings on the shoulders...

IMG_3625converted.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

OK....I have very little impulse control with this topic.  I just love so many of the uniforms!

Dennis Dixon_John Giustina.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Does anybody want to see either of these again?

image.jpeg.5d5c9a8f87061b696257dbe84b659e57.jpeg

See the source image

You want to play THAT game?  You got ugly uniforms?  I got uglier yet!

2015 .JPG

This (above) is from 2015, and I knew I did not like them from the moment I saw them...

__ 12-5-20 Cal,Oregon_0914.JPG

Is there a pattern here?  Grey uniforms are LOSERS!

Mr. FishDuck

I agree with you completely, Charles — well, until you went and chose a uniform with wings on the shoulders for your second favorite! For the most part, I am all about the pre-1994 uniforms: not just the yellow pants and helmets, but with a stripe on the pants and down the center of the helmet.

As newer uniforms go, I actually like best the look Oregon has worn for the past couple years, especially last season. All that faux gimmickry was finally gone from the jerseys and pants: the fake diamond plating, the fake wings. It looked RIDICULOUS. Only because we were winning so many games did I make peace with them. But I actually also really liked the original uniform redesign of 2000-2003 or so: the ones Joey Harrington wore.

Also, in my book, apple green is not Oregon's color. Brownish green is not Oregon's color. Forest green is not Oregon's color. Gray-green is not Oregon's color. In my mind, we will always be Kelly green and yellow.

Charles I had to go through the wonderful FishDuck photo gallery and find my favorite uniforms... COLOR RUSH! Uniforms from the Oregon-Oregon State game in 2013 and 2014.... I like the yellow helmets a bit more.

2095880606_ColorRushHuff2013.jpg.5473619876bb647a228504cda28aac36.jpg652745509_ColorRushMariota2014.jpg.589d55df5c8422921f176e38ae84c952.jpg

Edited by David Marsh

2 hours ago, Brian Libby said:

But I actually also really liked the original uniform redesign of 2000-2003 or so: the ones Joey Harrington wore.

See the source image

See the source image

One thing I really love is the winged helmets — everything except the O on the back. I realize the whole thing (both the wings and the O placement) are meant to evoke a motor cycle like the Harley used as part of the pregame ceremony. But I just think that O on the back looks silly, and negatively impacts the otherwise-great look of the wings.

All yellow and even the skid tape should be yellow. 

sorry no photo in sight. 

15 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

You want to play THAT game?  You got ugly uniforms?  I got uglier yet!

2015 .JPG

This (above) is from 2015, and I knew I did not like them from the moment I saw them...

__ 12-5-20 Cal,Oregon_0914.JPG

Is there a pattern here?  Grey uniforms are LOSERS!

Here is a grey uniform from a game Oregon WON but in a season Oregon were supreme losers!

2107426513_GreyUniforms2016.jpg.e34a0319890b5f5899ab173f0689374a.jpg

These were also some of the WORST uniforms Oregon has ever worn. They look like pajamas... there is just nothing good about them! Especially with an uninspiring victory over a bad UC Davis team.

4 hours ago, Brian Libby said:

I am all about the pre-1994 uniforms: not just the yellow pants and helmets, but with a stripe on the pants and down the center of the helmet.

Danny O'Neil in 1994_JG.jpg

So true Brian....these are beautiful to me, and that color green is what I love in particular.

Mo Morris_OregonLive.jpg

I still think the best away uniform was from this series....I loved it!

Mr. FishDuck