Charles Fischer

New Oregon S&C Coach Coming from Ole Miss?

Looks like some smoke, and it will fun to learn more about him...

Key Ole Miss Assistant Emerges as Top Target at Oregon for Same Role, per Report by SDS Staff at SaturdaydownSouth

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

But can he grow a 'stache?

• Haha 1

Good stuff, Log Haulin...thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Probably won't need to drag the new Duck HC off the field as often as the previous iteration...

• Haha 1

Given the unprecedented number injuries this year, and the way we were dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage by Utah, chances are this is yet another upgrade to our program.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see someone, like Jim Radcliffe, who has practical experience as well as an academic background in things like biomechanics. There's a lot more to strength and conditioning than yelling at players to do one more rep.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 12/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, jrw said:

I'd like to see someone, like Jim Radcliffe, who has practical experience as well as an academic background in things like biomechanics. There's a lot more to strength and conditioning than yelling at players to do one more rep.

I worked out with the football team in the winter of 1981, mostly because my roommate was a scholarship lineman living in an apartment near Hayward and the workouts were at Autzen.  I had a car.  He didn’t.  Coach Z worked out goals for each player.  Mine was to not get hurt.

I noticed the D backs spent a lot of time curling barbells in front of mirrors trying to fill the sleeves.  Never thought that made much sense.  

Not sorry to see the stache guy with a mantra of “fill the sleeves” move on to a beach team.  Looking forward to having a football guy help players get stronger for health, safety, and football reasons.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 12/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, DUCati855 said:

But can he grow a 'stache?

Give him jiggle, his contact info is above in Log Haulin's post.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

So where did Aaron Feld end up?

psa7bbxf5f481.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

This guy was born to strut the beach in a thong!

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

This guy was born to strut the beach in a thong!

Ouch, gonna need therapy to remove that image.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is it Feld, or Johnson? Whatever, great 'get' from the SEC. A guy who helped Kiffin turn it around at Ole Miss.

You done messed up Ay-Ay Ron!

Questionable (language) funny content, about Aaron.

AARon done messed up!

• Haha 1

Ok...now that is funny.  And the language is acceptable for this crowd...

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/29/2021 at 10:36 AM, woundedknees said:

Probably won't need to drag the new Duck HC off the field as often as the previous iteration...

In truth I felt the ducks were playing their best when MC needed to be kept off the field. 

If you're not a big xs and os HC you need to really bring the passion for the game. 

MC was at his best when he did that... 

Now... Look at the utah games... He was really emotionally out of it for both of those games. He was not bringing the fire for the team to feed off of. 

I have come to question this season if the strength and conditioning at Oregon has been over the top under Feld. 

There have been a lot of major injuries which seem like more freak injuries that may or may not have their roots in over working in terms of strength and conditioning... But we have also been plagued with more mild injuries that could have certainly been influenced by over work. 

I am hoping this new guys can do something to keep the injury bug to a minimum.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:12 PM, Haywarduck said:

You done messed up Ay-Ay Ron!

Questionable (language) funny content, about Aaron.

AARon done messed up!

That was funny, then I went down the  YouTube rabbit hole. I am back now, Go Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you send a small guy at a Large guy and say "take him on"  there often going to be some damage, like running into a rock wall.  Back in the day, you had Running Backs and Full Backs that lead the way!  Now, you got less than 5'10" and less than 200 pounds trying to take it up the gut on guys that are 6' to 6'5" guys weighing 250 to 300 pounds, that is a lot of Rocks on the walls!  Road Graders Please!

Chip, ran these guys to the edges and away from trouble with speed and shiftyness.  Mario, ran them into mountains.  Nothing Feld did can prevent those injuries.  Love me some Radcliff but his linemen suffered a lot of leg injuries, that is just from being in the trenches and battling.  Building strength and knowing how to use that strength is important.  Just hope everyone, stays healthy but pretty hard in such a physical sport.  Best wishes Ducks!

On 12/29/2021 at 1:36 PM, woundedknees said:

That was actually one of my roles when I was coaching lol.