Charles Fischer

Lanning Targeting 2019 National Recruiter of the Year for TE Coach

Whew!  Coach Lanning means business on the recruiting end!

Oregon Ducks Targeting New Mexico’s Drew Mehringer as Tight Ends Coach, per Report by James Crepea of OregonLive

Mehringer Officially Joins Staff at QBs Coach – University of New Mexico  Lobos athletics

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Sorry for posting this above. You beat me by a couple of minutes. I would delete it if I could figure out how to do it. This potential hire looks like he would fit right in with the young group of assistant coaches that Lanning is putting together. I’m not sure how he ended up at New Mexico which is a coaching graveyard. Maybe he just needed a break and New Mexico is a beautiful state. 

Edited by jimmer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can we get an over-under on the average AGE of the new coaching staff?

Maybe 42?

Gotta get an old guy in there for some diversity

The energy should be off the charts 

On 12/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, jimmer said:

Sorry for posting this above. You beat me by a couple of minutes. I would delete it if I could figure out how to do it. This potential hire looks like he would fit right in with the young group of assistant coaches that Lanning is putting together. I’m not sure how he ended up at New Mexico which is a coaching graveyard. Maybe he just needed a break and New Mexico is a beautiful state. 

No sweat--I took care of it, but it is wonderful when others are posting articles the same time I am, because so often--I am tied up and cannot.  So thanks to all!

Mr. FishDuck

Anybody else wonder why the national recruiter of the year is working as the QB coach at New Mexico???

On 12/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, Tbird said:

Anybody else wonder why the national recruiter of the year is working as the QB coach at New Mexico???

His previous position was one year as 'co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach' at Florida Atlantic under Slick Willie.  Maybe any port in a storm?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, Tbird said:

Lots of negative comments from Texas folks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sure, Texas has OREGON's best interests at heart ❤️

Yikes....that does NOT look good.  Thanks jrw for finding and sharing that.  Wowsa.

Mr. FishDuck

Is it sour grapes or a rotten apple?  I guess only time will tell.

What I read was a lot of Texans venting frustration and scapegoating a coach rather than face the fact that their reign of dominance is over. I have no opinion on him either way at this point but it does seam like the D hires are more impressive than those on the O but what do i know?

On 12/30/2021 at 8:15 AM, Tbird said:

Exactly!  New Mexico Lobos team???  Sounds like purgatory, and Oregon could be his Heaven.