Charles Fischer

Lanning Pursuing Former Colleague, Penn State Assistant

Mixed reviews here, but is he a good recruiter?  We NEED help on Special Teams...

Report: Oregon Targeting Penn State Coach To Join Staff by Zach Koons of The Spun

New coordinator Joe Lorig provides optimism after shaky year on special  teams for Penn State Football | Penn State Football News | collegian.psu.edu

Mr. FishDuck

Wow!  It sure would be nice to get a special teams coach!  

We haven't had one for 5 years!

• Thumbs Up 1

Special teams were especially crappy this year.

Youth and I experience can account for some problems on cover, but sheesh 

Guest KingT

Special teams has been arguably the worst performing unit - and at key times - for the past 3-4 years. Anything new will improve this unit.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:04 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Mixed reviews here, but is he a good recruiter?  We NEED help on Special Teams...

I know you marked it as Mixed reviews. but overall i think this is an upgrade. Penn state was top 5 in both punt return yards allowed and kickoff return yards. so the mixed review is they didn't really have any decent returns themselves. I'd take that any day of the year vs what we have had this year. 

I'll also note because of the poor angles i've never paid much attention to special teams. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The GREATEST play of the game may have been that unbelievable punt by Snee out of our end zone and had to have gone 50 yards with no return?  Whew!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck