Charles Fischer

Lanning Closing In on a Running Backs Coach...

Getting closer to finishing the staff....

Mr. FishDuck

This is the bio page from Western Kentucky

Sounds like he is a good recruiter.  With his experience in  high scoring offenses he should fit well with Dillingham!

Sounds as if the Ducks may need a daycare stipend in their contracts... Several of these coaches have young families.

Interesting this guy has been a successful HS OC, but the fact he also acted as a weight room assistant while at Memphis intrigues me.

As a former RB, he may have a unique understanding of how to work with S&C coaches cooperatively  to get better results for the young men under his tutelage, i.e.: better ability to withstand the wear and tear of the grind that RBs endure.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the photo It appears he filled his sleeves nicely. 

• Haha 1

With one year of RB coaching and most of his time at high school, Lanning may want to take up LeMike's offer at least as a consultant.

• Like 1

They should have this guy in the weight room too. You could fit two A. Felds in his shirt

I do not want to arm wrestle him!  Nothing interesting to add to the conversation, just impressed with the guns!

It will be an interesting hire... Certainly a few of the names released today as targets are super young and don't have much of a reputation to go with them. 

Not inherently a bad thing at all... But not flashy and not big names. 

However, what Lanning could be doing here is bringing in some young coaches who could very well become lifers at Oregon. Not every coach wants to be a coordinator or head coach.... So there is a chance a few of these guys being brought in just want to be position coaches at a good school for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I honestly don't know whether we're supposed to get excited over some of these hires.  The other day, Lanning is hiring OL coach from Hawaii.  Today, he's hiring the RB coach from WKU. Half of the hires, are acquaintances that either Lanning or Dillingham worked with it in the past. 

Is this the list of possible candidates that Lanning was jotting down in his phone as a GA, dreaming of the day that he would get to lead and assemble his own team and staff?

I hope Lanning is hiring these guys for their skill sets and not just to bring the gang back together for one big happy reunion.  I also hope that they can do more than just recruit like MC and actually develop the players' talents and help them to reach their full potential sooner than later.

• Thumbs Up 2