noDucknewby

All 10-Win Seasons Aren't the Same

If you'd have told me at the beginning of the season we would have 10 wins, beating tOSU in the Shoe, plus the Fuskies and Beavers I think I would have considered that a good year.  Coaching carousel aside, the fact is we got blown out in 3 of our last 4 games.  Sure the Alamo Bowl loss gets an asterisk, and there were some real positive signs for the future, but I guess I'm past the "moral victory" stage as a Duck fan.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but this is probably the most disappointing 10-win season I can remember.

Still can't wait for 2022, cautiously optimistic as usual, but man I'm glad this season in the rear-view mirror.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/30/2021 at 11:34 AM, noDucknewby said:

probably the most disappointing 10-win season I can remember.

Still can't wait for 2022, cautiously optimistic as usual, but man I'm glad this season in the rear-view mirror.

Isn't that saying a lot??! I too am cautiously optimistic. I will be in GA for the first game of '22.

• Thumbs Up 1

As always, it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.

• Thumbs Up 3

the prob is that we played 9 bad football teams and 3 good ones. we were only 1-3 against the good ones. 

there was another thread about how the dux “really” did this year. i would posit that the only record that matters is ATS. 

We were 5-8 ATS.  We severely underperformed.

What I really want, more than a Natty, is an undefeated record ATS. 

• Haha 1

@Mike West thanks for laughing! is it really too much to ask to beat expectations?? 🤗

Edited by DR Hilarius

Nope