Charles Fischer

Huskies Yelping: Four-Year Starter and Leading Tackler LB Leaves via Portal

Jackson Sirmon, son of former Oregon great and Cal DC Peter Sirmon is entering the portal to escape Montlake...whew!

6 and Out: What the UW Lost to the Transfer Portal by Dan Raley of Husky Maven

Jackson Sirmon makes a stop against Colorado.

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Cal or Oregon would seem like logical destinations?

Kind of a dick article.

"Here's these guys who quit on us. But they sucked anyway."

Geez 

• Thumbs Up 5

The author 3 separate times incorrectly takes it as a given that transferring to San Diego State and Mountain West is a step down from UW. “Sour grapes” much?!

Aztecs won 12 games including over Utah. They won 10 games in the prior normal season (2019) including at UCLA by 9 points. 

Mountain West is 5-1 in bowl games including a beat down of Oregon State,  who beat the Huskies. That same MWC team won at WSU, who also beat down UW.

SDSU and other top MWC teams are absolutely > UW right now.  Players and their families certainly think so.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, shawnski said:

Kind of a dick article.

"Here's these guys who quit on us. But they sucked anyway."

Geez 

Agreed, but this is an institutional Husky homer--not a surprise.  The article I wanted to link had a paywall, so I linked this one to simply announce the transfer out.  It was like ISM leaving us, but we had bullets left on the belt.

Mr. FishDuck

Excellent news.

On 12/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Agreed, but this is an institutional Husky homer--not a surprise.  The article I wanted to link had a paywall, so I linked this one to simply announce the transfer out.  It was like ISM leaving us, but we had bullets left on the belt.

Got it 

Beating on young kids just seems wrong but he's a Fuskie so it makes sense 

On 12/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It was like ISM leaving us, but we had bullets left on the belt.

I can see why ISM left the Ducks... But holy crap how much better this team would have been if he stayed?! 

Oregon lost all linebacking depth over the course of the season. ISM left basically out of fear of playing time... If he had stayed he would have had more playing time than he would have known what to do with. 

All hindsight though... 

All these guys leaving for the MW and the Big Shy? SMH.

So, the Huskies drain the Lake, and now their best D player is transferring, the Fresno St. QB, won't come to UW with his coach to be a Mutt on Montlake. Good times!

• Haha 3

On 12/30/2021 at 1:19 PM, AllOregon said:

The author 3 separate times incorrectly takes it as a given that transferring to San Diego State and Mountain West is a step down from UW. “Sour grapes” much?!

Aztecs won 12 games including over Utah. They won 10 games in the prior normal season (2019) including at UCLA by 9 points. 

Mountain West is 5-1 in bowl games including a beat down of Oregon State,  who beat the Huskies. That same MWC team won at WSU, who also beat down UW.

SDSU and other top MWC teams are absolutely > UW right now.  Players and their families certainly think so.

As a former Aztec, I look with pride at those performances.  But one sick kind of irony...the Aztecs head coach has been none other than....(drum roll)...Brady Hoke.  (And I STILL don't like him.)  602664496_grumpyoldman.gif.974b7d1d17b28c92f1e405b4fd637961.gif

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love Husky schadenfreude as much as the next person, but players jumping into the portal is happening everywhere, even in Eugene. Not good to get too smug.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT
On 12/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Jackson Sirmon, son of former Oregon great and Cal DC Peter Sirmon is entering the portal to escape Montlake...whew!

6 and Out: What the UW Lost to the Transfer Portal by Dan Raley of Husky Maven

Jackson Sirmon makes a stop against Colorado.

He must be headed to Cal. Wish we could grab him.

If you think this is bad for UW you haven’t seen him play.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:15 PM, jrw said:

I love Husky schadenfreude as much as the next person, but players jumping into the portal is happening everywhere, even in Eugene. Not good to get too smug.

My friend....this is not being smug; since it happens to us, (like ISM last year) this is entertainment when it happens to the Huskies.  We will take our hits like gentlemen, but when the Huskies take theirs...

Something comes over me...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, Mudslide said:

As a former Aztec, I look with pride at those performances.  But one sick kind of irony...the Aztecs head coach has been none other than....(drum roll)...Brady Hoke.  (And I STILL don't like him.)  602664496_grumpyoldman.gif.974b7d1d17b28c92f1e405b4fd637961.gif

Brady has always done very well there.  Not sure why there and not at other places.  Their new stadium is going to be nice.  SDSU could be a solid program for the foreseeable future.  

On 12/30/2021 at 1:43 PM, 30Duck said:

So, the Huskies drain the Lake, and now their best D player is transferring, the Fresno St. QB, won't come to UW with his coach to be a Mutt on Montlake. Good times!

1007611055_duckconquerer.gif.f068017e778c1b71f048c2e264120dd1.gif

• Thumbs Up 1