Jon Joseph

Caleb Williams Does Not 'COMMIT' TO Oklahoma

Post-game, Caleb said all the right things about Oklahoma and the new coaching staff. However, Caleb did not pledge to be back. He said that he and the family are taking a short vacation and taking time to think things over. My guess is that the vacation will be in the direction of Heritage Hall where awaits a big time NIL deal? 

This kid could make SC a viable contender in year one of Riley taking over the SC program. He far and away would be the best QB in the Pac-12. And if he portals to SC, others will likely follow.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2021 at 12:21 PM, Jon Joseph said:

However, Caleb did not pledge to be back. He said that he and the family are taking a short vacation and taking time to think things over.

Yeah, and what is there to think over. On the old fashioned "Plus & Negative" sheet, what are the Plus points for staying at Oklahoma?

Get ready, with Williams, SC will have the best QB in the Pac-12 since Marcus Mariota. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The best QB operating behind one of the worst O lines isn't a recipe for success.  Williams is certainly more elusive than current SC signal callers but weren't all of them out multiple games with injuries?  Also, the Oklahoma RBs are infinitely better than what the Trojans trotted out last year.  SC does have better receivers though

• Thumbs Up 1

This kid could make SC a viable contender in year one of Riley taking over the SC program. He far and away would be the best QB in the Pac-12. And if he portals to SC, others will likely follow.

I'd say year two to be more generous... USC has a lot of good pieces but just as many bad ones still. The transfer portal will help alleviate some of these problems and do so quickly but even with the transfer portal and Williams, I think USC is two years away from being a contender for the CFP. For the Pac-12... decent chance of that though.

From what I saw last night, a healthy Oregon 2 deep D should have been able to put serious pressure on Williams all night.

He's the real deal, but when Oregon defense put pressure on him, the accuracy became suspect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could be USC takes the pre season pac crown this year.  Let’s see how they do the closer to the actual games being played. My early money is on the Utes.

all in fun.

• Haha 1

Let's face it people, as much as I hate to admit it, we need the Pac to have as much national cred as possible. Unfortunately, that requires a ranked USC.

• Thumbs Up 1

The kid is fun to watch. I'd love to see him at SC. Put me in the "a strong SC is good for the Pac12" camp.