Haywarduck

What Could've, Would've, Should've, No, Will Be!

We can lament, but really, let's just dream of what will be!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't know if we played the wrong receivers all year, or called the wrong plays, or decided that fast TD drives were not tough-guy enough, or what...... 

A mind boggler.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

A mind boggler.

Amen Duck-Brother.  He did it in the Spring Game and in one of the few appearances he was allowed to play during the season....shut out until now.  When I heard all the WR starters were out--I was hoping this would happen to give them confidence in their game, staying at Oregon and for the fans to see the potential.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

This is a bunch of highlights, including Hutson's incredible sideline catch, that wasn't ruled a catch!!!!

• Thumbs Up 7

Though not a freshman but Crocker has started to look like he is putting things together a bit as well. I don't think he is going to be inline to start but we need reserves just as badly. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2021 at 3:19 PM, 30Duck said:

This is a bunch of highlights, including Hutson's incredible sideline catch, that wasn't ruled a catch!!!!

Hutsons sideline catch that wasn't was the best catch of the night. Possibly the season.

On 12/30/2021 at 4:52 PM, Log Haulin said:

Hutsons sideline catch that wasn't was the best catch of the night. Possibly the season.

One of the best I've ever seen. The concentration, awareness, body control. It was Jeff Maehl worthy. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Throttled the NFL rookie of the year at qb, now we see how these amazing receivers were throttled as well. Donte's statistics early on were crazy, he was averaging a touchdown every other catch, but couldn't get on the field. I suppose we are lucky the transfer happened!

The future looks bright, keep the green glasses on!

• Thumbs Up 6

Oregon's young receivers showed their stuff last night.....now, if Nix - lets not be delusional, he's Dillingham's baby - if Nix ain't a down the field thrower there may be a problem as Oregon definitely has down the field receivers and Butterfield and TT are on video showing themselves out as down the field guys....in High School.

There needs to be a fair and open QB competition.....no favorites. Fair and open.....cause if Bo gets the job and morphs into AB 2.0 the good folks who flock to Autzen in the fall ain't gonna be happy....and I for one won't blame them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Amen Duck-Brother.  He did it in the Spring Game and in one of the few appearances he was allowed to play during the season....shut out until now.  When I heard all the WR starters were out--I was hoping this would happen to give them confidence in their game, staying at Oregon and for the fans to see the potential.

Not only that, lots of experts that follow Oregon saw the WR room in the spring Game and elevated the Ducks' status.

It really points out just how MC handcuffed this offense.  And yes, Brown's arm strength was never a flaw.  

What a waste of talent.  If MC wants to keep his job more than two years he better use that very good QB of his immediately.  Doubt he will, butt he's be really stupid not to after seeing what happened last night.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, RkyMtnGuy said:

Nix - lets not be delusional, he's Dillingham's baby - if Nix ain't a down the field thrower there may be a problem as Oregon definitely has down the field receivers and Butterfield and TT

I truly believe there will be an actual competition this off season. Nix was brought in as a safety net... Lanning and Dillingham may have some tape to look at and study over time on the freshmen qbs for Oregon but that takes time. 

Nix is a known quantity for both coaches... Dillingham for having coached him and Lanning for having studied film on Nix to prep for Auburn. 

The risk for their first season at Oregon is too high for them to put full trust in players they have little knowledge on. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I don't know if we played the wrong receivers all year, or called the wrong plays, or decided that fast TD drives were not tough-guy enough, or what...... 

A mind boggler.

And wouldn't a competent coach have figured all that out after four years?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:02 AM, David Marsh said:

The risk for their first season at Oregon is too high for them to put full trust in players they have little knowledge on. 

That's a really good point I hadn't considered.  I was concerned about the AB 2.0 situation someone mentioned earlier but I think you may be on to something...

• Thumbs Up 1

"Nix was brought in as a safety net"

Respectfully,  I'd bet everything I own that Nix has no intention of being "a safety net"...he's here to start at least in his mind....and I seriously doubt the coaches would have brought him here if they thought otherwise.

"Lanning and Dillingham may have some tape to look at and study over time on the freshmen qbs for Oregon but that takes time"

Based upon their playing time a film review on the Ducks young QBs's would take about five minutes.....throw in their high school video and you're looking at an hour or so.

"The risk for their first season at Oregon is too high for them to put full trust in players they have little knowledge on"

Really? Half the Ducks roster were freshmen and another 25% were sophomores.....new coaches will have little knowledge of a large portion of the roster.

"I truly believe there will be an actual competition this off season"

Hope you're right....from what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a whole lot, Nix is just OK and frankly if none of the young Ducks can beat him out maybe it'
s time to look past them.....but then coaches can be woefully biased.....I recall an NFL coach last year saying publicly that Justin Herbert was a backup "for a reason".....of course once Herbert hit the field for about 15 minutes the only person on earth who thought he was a back-up was the coach.

Hopefully you are correct and there is a true competition and the "real winner" plays cause both TT and Butterfield strike me as Power 5 QB's and should they transfer and pan out while Nix looks average it will be a bad start for the new coaching staff.....just my own thing but I don't like the Nix transfer the same way I didn't like the AB transfer. And if I'm wrong I'll actually be happy about it.

I can't believe any coach with any sense would not have an open competition. You don't guarantee a spot to a lesser player or u lose the team. Nix has 1 thing the others don't he has the advantage of experience. A lot more experience. Familiarity with the offensive system. And as Jon has pointed out he was playing great this year before he broke his ankle. I don't know how bad. 

Can we give him a chance before pronouncing him no good. As we all saw AB looked a lot better when given more opportunities.

AB has serious footwork liabilities. However when he does step into his throws he has much better accuracy. I said better not good.

Sure Lanning will have open competition for QB and all positions as any good coach would. I feel positive about his focus on bringing in coaches that can recruit as after watching the games tonight there is a really big gap between us and the top two teams. Coaching is important for sure but man you need the players on the field and we are not close to the elite level yet. Staying positive and hoping we keep moving in the right direction.

• Thumbs Up 1