Charles Fischer

Husky Envy, Rage and Respect for the Ducks

Look, I know this is not honorable, but I really have a distaste built up over the years for the Huskies, (Pardon me while I turn to spit after the "H" word) and I think once in a while it is amusing...no, it is entertaining to see what they are saying about Our Beloved Ducks on the biggest Washington forum.

About the Alamo Bowl:

2nd straight year the quacks are getting embarrassed in a bowl game. They also got embarrassed in the Pac12 championship and their new coach was a reach. I say the quack era is over. Back to mediocrity.  

Oregon is a complete dumpster fire. Their fans should come to expect many more beat downs like this in the near future.

Their effort was poor and they acted like punks for most of the game. The culture comes from the top down. That culture is all about flash, taking short cuts, $$$$ and the over all me, me, me. Once they get hit in the mouth the fold. The only reason they got back in the game at all is that OU let up and they never really in the game. I think Oregon needs a different culture to win the big one and that culture will never happen while Mr. Knight is running the show. How funny is it that the so called super stud that Knight paid six figures for didn't even show up for his last game! Lol  

And yet we still can’t beat them.

About Oregon's New Coach and Staff:

The conference is wide open with no dominant teams and now UW and USC greatly upgrading coaches while Oregon had to settle on hiring a coordinator with limited experience.  

This would have been a monster staff 7-8 years ago in the Pac-12. But now? Journeymen with the reps of being ace recruiters and average developers of said talent.

I’ll be honest I would rather Tosh wasn’t there. He was the best recruiting assistant coach this conference has seen in probably 20 years. Oregon is also well on their way to another staff that will play the dirty game in recruiting. Our staff is going to have to prepare for that. We’re going to have to win in recruiting against Oregon and their bag man staff.

Respect for Oregon:

Sorry, a lot of Husky fans are delusional about where Oregon football has been the last 25 years.

Unfortunately they have been pretty damn good.

I wish we had stronger leadership at UW, while it seems Oregon always does a lot of right things.  

They are so overdue for a Jimmy Lake.

Husky Fans_Pac12 Video.jpg

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I must have missed the memo?

Weren't the dogs supposed to go 12-0 during the regular season?

I don't see them listed in the CFP.

Personally,  the beat downs from Utah and OU, were disappointing. But those are top teams.......

Where does one rank their valiant effort in the epic, game of the century, hard fought loss to Montana?

FCS, Montana.

• Like 1

Hurray! The annual Fusky delusion about next year has already begun! I find it about as entertaining as watching footage from the running of the bulls. Their team is 2-15 against the Ducks and program savior, Coach Peterson provided the glory years with a whopping 2-5 against the Ducks. But never let reality interfere with a nice swim in the river of denial.

Yes the UO's desperate grab at a mere coordinator is surely to go down in flames. Let's just ignore the fact that his D held it's entire schedule of SEC opponents to 6.9 points per game. We'll also ignore holding ACC light weight Clemson to 3 as they are not a powerhouse like mighty Montana. Bringing in revolutionary thinkers on both sides of the ball along with some of the best recruiters and position coaches in the country is a recipe for disaster.

Looks like the Ducks era of Pac 12 domination is over. The Fuskies have spoken!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It’s possible to respect a rival team’s players while detesting their fan base. Such is the case with Washington. This is where the unique dislike I harbor for the purple masses comes from.

Big city Universities seem to generate a large segment of fans with no connection to those universities beyond a zealot’s fervor for the team, as long as they are winning.

The worn out “Nike U., dirty program, buying championships” is juvenile and speaks to a deep seeded inferiority complex.

Don James was a pompous, tower coach who benefited from deep pocket boosters and unlimited scholarships. He pandered to the press and won their affection and votes. Keep in mind the lone Husky National Championship came via votes not a playoff win.

The Husky program currently plays second fiddle to the Sounders. The typical Seattle sports fan cares more about beating the Timber’s than Husky football!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/31/2021 at 9:15 AM, Logger29 said:

It’s possible to respect a rival team’s players while detesting their fan base.

I would agree with that completely...

Mr. FishDuck

"Acting like punks"?

I seem to remember Jimmy lake acting like a punk once this year. 

That among other things cost him his job. 

Loser.

• Like 2

Do Husky fans pay as much attention to their team as they do to the Ducks?

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

All three of those posts are just... sheesh. Lots of anger, jealousy, rationalizing, speculation... Yeah the Ducks played a bad first half in the Alamo, and Utah kicked us in the teeth. But you won't find me hate-watching a husky bowl game just to go post about it on a forum somewhere.

I'm with Logger29, I respect UW enough for their history, and I like seeing the Pac do well in general (hopefully with the Ducks on top). But fans like this are embarrassing.

Who knows how the Lanning era will go. I'm eager to find out, and cautiously optimistic that the new staff will recruit and develop top players. Could be a fun time for our Ducks 🏈

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 8:28 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Back to mediocrity.  

I love this coming from Huskyville

Since 2007, the Huskies are 101-86 .541%, they haven't left mediocrity. They have one 12 win season, and one 12 loss season. 

Meanwhile, since 2007, the Ducks are 144-49, .746%

Nine seasons of 10 or more wins

Six seasons of 11 or more wins

Five seasons of 12 or more wins

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 4

On 12/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, 30Duck said:

Since 2007, the Huskies are 101-86 .541%, they haven't left mediocrity. They have one 12 win season, and one 12 loss season. 

THAT is a WORLD-CLASS Oregon post!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel

Reading these Husky posts made my blood run cold. Yes, it seems that the Washington Huskies are well on their way to yet another off-season Pac-12 championship. I even them winning their spring game. What a team! 

Let sleeping dogs lay. In their excrement. Hah!

Guest KingT

I went to the Husky game this year. The torrential rain was epic, but watching those defeated fans empty the stadium shortly after half time was a sight to behold. Nothing makes me happier.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, 30Duck said:

On the whole this last year was a mediocre season. It was 10 wins but failed to win the Pac-12 and reach a NY6 Bowl game...

But it still came with a win over Ohio State... and at least we didn't lose to an FCS school.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:50 PM, David Marsh said:

On the whole this last year was a mediocre season.

And that's where Oregon has set itself. A 10 win season can legitimately be viewed as mediocre, because they didn't win the conference title. David, I would refer you back to one of your articles I believe where you wrote about the different standards teams have. 

OSU finished their season thrilled to be Bowl eligible, and then went out and had a terrible game. But it doesn't matter, the Beavs will be going for that 8 win season next!

That's why CFB is great. Every year is new, every team starts out 0/0 and every fan base hopes their team will win a bowl opportunity or go undefeated and win the championship.

Trouble is that out of some 120 schools the odds of that happening is very low.

Their are a few schools who have the winning tradition, the recruits, the facilities, top coaches, administration support, boosters and lots of money. Hole lots of money.

Then you have the visibility, desire to make it the NFL and being close to family and friends.

That's why to so many it's an illusion.

Because we have played for 2 ntnl championships, the backing of PK and others, great facilities, good to great coaches and really good recruits we have been able to get to level where we are expected to be in the conversation. And for the most part we have been. It's amazing considering the obstacles we do have. A bad league, small local and national footprint and 1 thing I don't have a clue. 

Hopefully we will find it in the coming years and get that 1st national championship. Glory days are coming. We just have to wait and see.

When they talk about who's the best in the PAC it's us, USC and the Uskies (I can't even spit out the H). That's how I see it. Now they have to prove it. We have!