Charles Fischer

A Legacy That Will Never DYE

Should he come back next year? Where does he stand in the rushing stats?  Quick review below...

Travis Dye Has Cemented His Place in Oregon Ducks History by Zachary Neel of Ducks Wire

USATSI_17244624.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

One of the players on a very good football team that always gave everything he had on every play.

The Ducks will have a hard time finding a better leader if he does go. 

Being selfish I guess but I do hope for the sake of the fans and the youngsters he stays.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would rather see him try his hand at a graduate assistant for coaching than the NFL.  He would be a great leader for future football players.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love Dye back but if the iron's hot in the NFL, I'd say go for it. Next year he won't be required to literally drag a stagnant offense from one first down to the next which will lower his production and amount of highlights. Thanks to Mario's 1960's view of offense, defenses just stacked the box and waited for Dye to get the ball. Even then, he couldn't be stopped so in a weird way, this year became the perfect highlight real for him.

Dye's contributions to Oregon run far beyond his yard totals, TD totals, and win/loss records. 

This guy had a HEART for this team.  I can recall at least two games where the offense seemed to be content with 3/4 speed and Dye was playing at a whole different level.  

Dye led by example, putting everything he had out on that field.  I watched so many runs where I cringed as he barreled into a defense with reckless abandon.  He always popped up and I would breathe a sigh of relief...until the next play when he did it again.

In an era of NIL deals (not against those but it's a can of worms), transfer portals, and looking out for Numero Uno; Dye is a reminder of what is good about college football.

I selfishly want him to stay so I can watch one more year...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

You cannot argue with Results. 

Do we want to see bigger faster Running backs? I think in some way we all do. We miss DAT’s shifty breakaway speed  LMJ speed and burst. Royces power and size. 

But Mr Dye is as good a competitor as I’ve ever seen play the position. 

To be undersized, not lightning fast, and not the most shifty back we’ve seen, he does everything pretty dang well including catching everything thrown his way and has plowed pushed spun and forced his way into the Group of most elite backs ever to play at Autzen. 

We’d be fools not to want him back for another year, even if we want to see the young studs get the opportunity. . 

• Thumbs Up 1

I clicked the button at the bottom of the page to scroll thru the top 20 rushers in Duck history. A great stroll down memory lane. Don Reynolds, Bobby Moore to LaMike James and right in the middle of all the running backs is Marcus Mariota with 2500+ yrds and 31 TDs. Forgot what an impactful runner he was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

After he leaves, Oregon needs to announce a team award named after both Travis and  Troy Dye that has to do with leaving it all out on the field.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:38 AM, Steven A said:

After he leaves, Oregon needs to announce a team award named after both Travis and Troy Dye that has to do with leaving it all out on the field.

The "Never Say Dye" award?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

He's been a lot of fun to watch. So much heart. And he brings it every play. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The "Never Say Dye" award?

Dye Harder

If he can get into the NFL he needs to take the opportunity to do so. He isn't a physically large player which doesn't make him terribly desirable as a running back or really even a receiver as the body type for receivers is now taller and bigger. 

So if he can get paid from the NFL then he needs to take the opportunity. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 10:38 AM, Steven A said:

After he leaves, Oregon needs to announce a team award named after both Travis and Dye that has to do with leaving it all out on the field.

And they stayed for 4 years! 

Love him

Bud Grant and Travis Dye

Two men after my own heart