Logger29

Are You Not Entertained?

Hey, have any of you been watching these “Under Card” bowl games?

The Tennessee vs Perdue game was amazing. Michigan State vs Pitt was a good contest. Iowa State vs Clemson was worth watching.

Admittedly, I’m a college football fan to the core. The bowl season is my favorite time of the year.

I realize the bowls are mostly meaningless and have a dubious future, but golly I do enjoy watching the various teams from all over compete. Anyone else still turn down wine and cheese seasonal get togethers with neighbors in favor of a good bowl matchup? (Total transparency here, my wife is unique in her understanding of my odd obsession.)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is fun to see which teams show up and play hard and which ones don’t. I think we have been treated to some pretty good games so far. The scoring has been amazing, MC are you paying attention, and with all the transfers and defections that are taking place we are getting a pretty descent show.

Ducky, I too am amazed that teams like Purdue can display such exciting offense without a stable of blue chips. Michigan State was without their star running back and Pitt without a star QB and both teams played enthusiastically.

MC appears more and more to have been lacking in many skills as a coach beyond recruiting.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm watching the wrong games. The Pac12 is not making a good showing.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2021 at 9:40 AM, Logger29 said:

Admittedly, I’m a college football fan to the core. The bowl season is my favorite time of the year.

Same here. I absolutely love it. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:26 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

No Sir, they are not 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:26 AM, Red Eddy Green said:

Were you REALLY expecting they would? The Pac is weak!

On 12/31/2021 at 11:49 AM, DUCati855 said:

Were you REALLY expecting they would? The Pac is weak!

We are weak. But maybe our ineptitude coupled with the strong Mountain West and MAC’s strong showing against Power 5 teams will speed the movement to expand the playoff.

If Cincy beats Bama it would really validate a 12 team tournament.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Tennessee vs Perdue game was amazing. Michigan State vs Pitt was a good contest. Iowa State vs Clemson was worth watching.

I realize the bowls are mostly meaningless and have a dubious future, but golly I do enjoy watching the various teams from all over compete. Anyone else still turn down wine and cheese seasonal get togethers with neighbors in favor of a good bowl matchup? (Total transparency here, my wife is unique in her understanding of my odd obsession.)

I think the problem with Bowl season has less to do with college football fans and more to do with the media (namely ESPN) and the players perception as to whether or not these games are worth it. As fans we would love meaningful and fun bowl games. The ones I have watched have been pretty fun on the whole.

But I was not terribly invested in the Oregon game because I knew how many players were missing which made the game really feel like a nice scrimmage than an end of season reward.

• Thumbs Up 1

To think we would have only 4 starters on defense from the 1st 2 deep, missing all of our wideouts, our best blocking TE and our best RB on offense. No problem. Yeah right!

With our youth, injuries and maybe peaking for game 2 against tOSU I can see what happened to the season. I can see MC being careful to not make mistakes.

It didn't end up pretty. Been there done that.

Now's a fresh start. Can't wait.

Edited by Duck 1972
Missing info

You are a lucky man.

My wife is all about the family and entertaining!

On 12/31/2021 at 4:21 PM, DanLduck said:

You are a lucky man.

My wife is all about the family and entertaining!

Double lucky, our kids are as passionate as their parents. Pray for our grand kids, that they aren’t as warped.

After watching a game and a half I believe losing CJ Verdel hurt us more than we can imagine. I know Travis has done a great job. But he's not a punishing RB like CJ.  What I see from both Alabama and Georgia are punishing RBs with speed.  

Just like the tOSU game. What a shame. He just couldn't stay healthy.