Charles Fischer

Georgia GameDay Thread--Let's Support Coach Lanning!

Let's go ahead and get this started and discuss the game as it progresses!

image.jpeg

Mr. FishDuck

I'm ready and willing. I want him to win but that means he's gone for 1 more week. Well I guess that can be considered a win/win situation.

I want to see his defense shut down the run. No explosive plays. Go "Dan the Man".

That defense barely bent

Yeah but with a 14 PT lead it sure means u can dial up the defense and be aggressive.

If our defense can learn to get their hands up. What a difference maker.

Lanning defense has the held to 42 total yards on first 2 possessions. 

What the heck is Oregon supposed to do with a DEFENSE???

Lanning's defense is fun to watch. 

Glad he isn't bring Georgia's offense with him though... This offense looks like a more boring version of Oregon's offense over the past few years. 

Edited by David Marsh

Lanning's D looks monstrous. Michi O looks a tad slow though.

Michigan's D looks like they didnt eat their Wheaties.

That defense is what slowing them down they are getting tired.

Of course it doesn't hurt to have at least 5 5* players.

Edited by Duck 1972

That QB knows how to throw a receiver OPEN!!

David, with all due respect, I can stand to be bored if the Ducks put points on the board every possession.

• Thumbs Up 1

Michigan offense is scared now

On 12/31/2021 at 5:46 PM, David Marsh said:

Lanning's defense is fun to watch. 

Glad he isn't bring Georgia's offense with him though... This offense looks like a more boring version of Oregon's offense over the past few years. 

David, that defense Georgia is playing is plenty exciting and Bennet just went for 57 and 7. Michigan is no slouch on D. When you load up on talent and couch that talent up all the old bromides still apply, such as “Defense wins championships.”

Me too control the line of scrimmage. Run the ball effectively. Take shots down the field. Tough D. Trifecta of winning FB. oh might add to have a lot of talent.

Wow did you just see heated event between Coach of Georgia and his QB at end of the half.Wow!

Edited by Duck 1972

The guys on GA's D look like they are all NFL players.

• Thumbs Up 2

Xs and Os, or Jimmys and Joes?

Edited by jrw

Both

JRW ... mostly Jimmy and Joes ... when you have a 360 Lineman that can move you become a lot smarter! Hopefully we can get some of those (would take one).

Edited by LADuck

Screenshot_20211231-181612_Chrome.jpg

Georgia D No. 99... looks like a supercharged human steamroller. Look out!

Especially D line.

UGA is known for this destructive defense.  But the offense, atleast this game so far, have matched them in game performance. M has the 4th best D in the nation? Dogs are taking them apart.

Not as much in 3rd quarter

Oregon football got some press. Good stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow the best teams are in the SEC. Again.

Guess what? Bama and UGA have bigger, stronger faster guys. I know, you are shocked.

Why does anyone want to play a college football , so-called  playoff against these semi pros?

These 2 semi final games put the BOR into BORING.

Then rest of the SEC has done nothing bowl wise.

How about a B1G 12, PAC-12, B1G and ACC run  for the Roses. 

It just means more for you SEC guys and a hell of a lot less for the rest of us .You can round up the best HS players; who gives w whip.

THIS is where the BCS and BCS x 2 has led CFB; led a once great regional sport to southeast nirvana.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when you were a kid playing sports and the other team had some kids that were just way bigger than you for the age you were playing? Like being 10 years old and playing against a 12 year old pitcher in baseball that was big for his age? They seemed like Giants! That to me is the basic advantage the SEC has ... they just have bigger kids and more of them that love football.

I had a neighbor that player 15 years in the Big Leagues from the late 50's to early 70's. He was in a historic game and unfortunately gave up a key run that kept his team from going to the World Series. I remember him telling me that "sometimes the other guy is pretty good too."

Lots of talent down there in the south and be great if the new coach can get a few to go up to Eugene.

The non-SEC teams have yet to score a TD.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Lanning can make the Ducks D even 60% of Georgia's D we will win every game in the PAC as long as we can score a Touchdown.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone just see the worst call of targeting. It was a perfect tackle. What a joke. Essentially giving Michigan a TD.

• Thumbs Up 1

PAC12 officials working the over-under again?

Are they already practicing for next season?

Edited by woundedknees

Give me a 90% version of #99 on GA and we dominate. UM could have had a game plan designed by the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and still would have got smoked!

I think there are Big 12 refs

• Thumbs Up 1

Dominated!

On 12/31/2021 at 4:26 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Let's go ahead and get this started and discuss the game as it progresses!

image.jpeg

Yes indeed lets support coach Lanning and more so against BAMA. Georgia needs to win this game in a huge way and by that I don't mean score and of coarse it would be awesome if they beat them by 20 but even if it's 3 points Its a win in my book. No more Alabama championships please. Time for Kirby to out coach his predecessor and take it away from BAMA. Go coach Lanning and hopefully your D shuts them down this time. When is the game?

On 12/31/2021 at 7:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Guess what? Bama and UGA have bigger, stronger faster guys. I know, you are shocked.

Why does anyone want to play a college football , so-called  playoff against these semi pros?

These 2 semi final games put the BOR into BORING.

Then rest of the SEC has done nothing bowl wise.

How about a B1G 12, PAC-12, B1G and ACC run  for the Roses. 

It just means more for you SEC guys and a hell of a lot less for the rest of us .You can round up the best HS players; who gives w whip.

THIS is where the BCS and BCS x 2 has led CFB; led a once great regional sport to southeast nirvana.

Agree and I can only hope that if they are really paying players and they are is that Phil Knight opens up his " STUFFED " bank account and he should if he really wants to see this happen before you know what happens as we don't and cannot live forever in this system. Phil I would think doesn't have very long to go to see Oregon win it all. Go Ducks.