Jon Joseph

IT'S UP TO THE UTES

The Pac-12 in the post season is 0 - FOR including a loss to an 8-4 MAC team.

Hopefully, Utah will come through today. Lot of Ohio State guys have opted out but Ohio State will still have plenty of talent on the field. 

Interesting that a former Mountain West team may be the only Pac-12 team to win a bowl game. 

How low can you go?

• Thumbs Up 1

Utah, pardon the pun, is on a mission. I give them a very good chance to cover the spread, 4.5 points and therefore win the game.

I hope they do, as their story is much more compelling than Tosu's ever is.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 8:01 AM, Haywarduck said:

Utah, pardon the pun, is on a mission. I give them a very good chance to cover the spread, 4.5 points and therefore win the game.

I hope they do, as their story is much more compelling than Tosu's ever is.

Yeah they kicked the Ducks tails pretty good so yeah I hope they beat OS. IF it were SC or the Leg Lifters not so much. OS would have lost to two PAC 12 teams in the same season so that would be good for the PAC.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

If OSU thumps Utah ( which i totally expect)  , it will increasingly portray the pac12 as a junior league compared to the other "power" conferences.   Oregon will look especially weak.  Hammered twice by utah...then have utah get slammed by osu.   Can you blame recruits for avoiding the pac12?  The pac12 is nothing but a baby brother to the sec.   Pac12 could take their best players and field a team.....they would still get crushed bu ala and ga.     

Whittingham is 11-3 in bowl games, but he lost his last two. 

I'd love to see the Utes take this one, but don't see it happening. 

• Thumbs Up 1

MCs teams were not good at understanding x and o's and of course Utah out "physicality'd " us with much older and stronger linemen to be honest-- tOSU is a different beast with much better coaching and a more than fair share of talent--With that said I give Utah a 1 in 3 chance to win. 

The PAC needs a win so lets hope for the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Utah won the Toss and took the ball. Let's go Utes!

Utes/Pac-12 7- Buckeyes 0

• Thumbs Up 2

Can U say, 14-0 Utes!

14-7 Utes

Utes are playing inspired.  

The Utes are pretty young. I'm already concerned about next year.

6 TDs in one quarter and 6 minutes to go. 

Can Uncle Phil offer Rising a Duck contract?

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Fun game to watch, c'mon.

• Thumbs Up 1

35-21 Utes at halftime. The record for most points in a Rose Bowl is 102, Oklahoma 54 Georgia 48, 2018.

• Thumbs Up 1

The No defense Rose Bowl.

Utah is clearly a great football team. Well done KW

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 4:01 PM, Log Haulin said:

Utah is clearly a great football team. Well done KW

I guess it goes to show how really bad the Ducks are

On 1/1/2022 at 4:03 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I guess it goes to show how really bad the Ducks are

Poorly coached, talent is there. Poor coaching can be fixed. 

Imagine if Oregon threw deep passes against Utah’s DB’s. Smith-Njigba is having a field day. Too bad he fumbled one into the end zone.

On 1/1/2022 at 4:11 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Imagine if Oregon threw deep passes against Utah’s DB’s. Smith-Njigba is having a field day. Too bad he fumbled one into the end 

Nobody had to worry about Oregon's deep ball all year. It's what makes the 2nd half of the Okie game so frustrating. Again though, poor coaching. 

tOSu weakness was in LB and DB exactly what 12/13 personnel exposes.

It always starts with a muffed punt snap. The Breeze TD always brings back good memories.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the sign in the stands that read:

"all gas no brakes"

I hope someone took down Cristobal's "slow children" sign from his office wall.

• Haha 1

Interesting. Utah has brother vs. brother with Oregon and Ohio State. 

Buckeyes take the lead for the 1st time in the game, 45-38, 4:22 left in the 4th quarter. 

They are a great offense.

Utes tie it up, 45-45, but 1:54 left, Lets finally see some defense!

Maybe Im alone in this but IM rootin for Bucky--reasoning? We beat em, gives us a bit of clout after losing to Utah 2 times.

Transitive property!!

Edited by 1Ducker1

On 1/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Maybe Im alone in this but IM rootin for Bucky--reasoning?

Yeah, the only teams to beat the Buckeyes were a team that played in the CFP and Oregon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting how a team that can throw the ball can actually move the ball against Utah. 

Here's hoping for Oregon's quarterback next year..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Utah lost to Oregon St because they had to defend the whole field.  Against Oregon, they just put 9 defenders within 10 yards of the LOS because they knew Oregon wouldn't throw the ball downfield and they knew the miami coach would not make any adjustments because his ego prevents it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Buckeyes stood around in the 1st quarter with their thumb up their ______ when push came to shove they won out somewhat shorthanded.

• Like 1

Utah Coug'ed it. Wow.

They just don't have the talent to beat a blue blood.

We ran

On 1/1/2022 at 6:16 PM, 30Duck said:

We ran the ball got the lead didn't cede it didn't allow explosive plays controlled the clock and didn't turn the ball over. An in the zone game. I believe that this team peaked and was reasonably healthy for that game.

Edited by Duck 1972
Missing info

On 1/1/2022 at 9:16 PM, 30Duck said:

Our punter didn’t drop a snap in the red zone. We also stopped the on 4th down three times.

Well done Utah, a hard fought game where you came up just short, but not on effort. A very enjoyable game to watch and Utah deserved to win, but just didn't have the horses to get it done.

That looked like an old WAC shoot out in the first half. 2nd half. Utah DL could get no pressure at all on Stroud.

Hats off to the Utes back up QB for tying it up but you just knew the Buckeyes were going to run the clock and win. This from an Ohio State team missing 6 starters.

Sorry, but I don't think Cincinnati would come close to beating Ohio State. Coming into 2022 Ohio State is loaded.

Looks like Ohio State will finish #4 in the final AP Poll.

Probably a good thing that UCLA didn't play NC ST.

Nice comeback win by OK ST today. Nice blow out win over the Pirate win by Texas Tech. But not good enough for the 'exclusive club.'

On 1/1/2022 at 9:56 PM, Haywarduck said:

Well done Utah, a hard fought game where you came up just short, but not on effort. A very enjoyable game to watch and Utah deserved to win, but just didn't have the horses to get it done.

Nor, the DBs.

One thing that has become all too clear at the end of the year is that the team Oregon was fielding was completely depleted. He didn't have any reserves and didn't even have a good portion of our starters. 

That is the team that played and was demolished my Utah. 

Ohio State got a relatively healthy Oregon team by comparison... Which was still injured and banged up. 

I don't think this end of year Oregon team could beat much if anyone to be honest... Just too depleted. 

However, there will be a whole lot of players back and healthy next year.... So watch out college football world. 

• Thumbs Up 1