Charles Fischer

WR Coach Fallout: Husky Hatred Hurtling Higher at Ducks

I am sorry if this is a bit much, but I have NEVER seen anything like this in my years of being an Oregon fan.  First we turn a couple of their verbals to us, then recruit their players leaving them via the portal, and now take their elite recruiter WR coach?

It is so rare that I have to savor it while I can, and yeah...I appreciate alliteration!  (Below is from a major Husky forum)

If you leave UW to go to UO...

"You were never a Dawg. There is no way any self-respecting Dawg would have anything to do with UO. This is true whether you're a coach, who are somewhat mercenaries, or even more so if you were a player. You've now been expunged from Husky history and will henceforth no longer be considered a Dawg, only traitorous pond scum. Fan speak to be sure, but it's how I feel. Screw them."

"Position coaches are strictly “climbers “, of course he wasn’t a “dawg”…. Having said that, defecting to that school is nauseating and shameful."

"Leaving UW for Oregon is an act of treason. There is no higher crime."

How it Looks for Washington...

"It’s bad optics to continue to get our lunch taken by the chief rival (see: Roberts, Mells, etc.). Perception drives reality, whether he’s a good coach or not."

"Find this very difficult to believe. But if it does play out and Adams leaves, UW needs a new athletic director."

"Is he (Adams) that great a recruiter? Not sure about that."

Answer:  "McMillan, Rome, Puka and Germie all would agree with me. Those 4 are better pulls than any other WR coach we’ve had in decades.  All from out of state too."

Washington Fan_Video_FP.jpg

How can we NOT have fun with this?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

That school up north that has been just above .500% since 2007 is a lot of fun. For Duck fans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like UW has become CFB's pick-and-pull scrapyard for mid-high end "component" coaches and players.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"This is my house!!!!"

Huck the Fuskies 

Doogie will doog... Must be some powerful snuff vaporizing the brainz of some of the buttsniffer fans.

Makes you wonder what they bineating, cause I try not to think about wot they been snortin'!

• Haha 1

There’s some metric which tries to rank fans on a pain index. I’m not sure how it works but Seattle fans must be near Dante’s 7th ring.

Mariners, Sounders, Kraken, Sea Hawks, and last and certainly least, the Huskies all a blaze in a major dumpster fire. 

At least they can enjoy the spectacle from the “best setting in sports.”

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

Buttsniffers... thats funny! Considering how bad the Fuskies have been, are we sure we want any of 'em?

On 1/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, shawnski said:

"This is my house!!!!"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I think UW has gone from minor rebuild and get back on track (from the Petersen era anyways) to a full blown rebuild under DeBoar now. 

I think UW is probably looking at 3-4 wins next season just quickly looking at their schedule. They also don't get to play as many of their more difficult games against their rivals in the comfort of home. 

Huskies are going to be down for the next year at least and probably look at going bowling again in 2023... Unless DeBoar turns out to be a very bad power 5 hire.... In which it may take longer. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Can't get enough!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Axel

There can be no higher compliment for a coach or a player than to be "expunged from Husky history."

These complaints are hilarious from that insignificant sliver of land on the western shore of Lake Washington.

On 1/1/2022 at 12:31 PM, David Marsh said:

full blown rebuild under DeBoer now.

It won't be long before Husky fans find this rebuild...."DeBore."

Husky fan.jpg

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

The only ‘Bow Down’ going on in poochyland these days is the stooping it takes for recruits and coaches to crawl beneath where the Huskys have set the bar. Or, in the immortal words of Chubby Checker, “how low can you go?”

The huskies are spare parts.

On 1/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, Washington Waddler said:

‘Bow Down’

This is by far the worst thing Washington has going for them is this supremely dumb slogan. Not even Alabama had a slogan like this, which by the way is probably the only school that probably has an actual argument to such a redoculous slogan.

This slogan gives a level of entitlement to the program and fans. A sort of "we don't need to play you, just roll over and give us the win we deserve because you are lesser than us" 

It reeks of entitlement. It also makes beating them feel so much better and makes hating them so much easier. It gives Oregon a sort of under-duck mentality when we have been the better team for the last two decades easily. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol. I agree with you 1000%. I remember it distinctly from the 70's on to today. I would feel a little compassion for anybody else going through what they are going through, but not Washington. 

👎

On 1/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, Washington Waddler said:

Or, in the immortal words of Chubby Checker, “how low can you go?”

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, David Marsh said:

This is by far the worst thing Washington has going for them is this supremely dumb slogan. Not even Alabama had a slogan like this, which by the way is probably the only school that probably has an actual argument to such a ridiculous slogan.

This slogan gives a level of entitlement to the program and fans. A sort of "we don't need to play you, just roll over and give us the win we deserve because you are lesser than us" 

It reeks of entitlement. It also makes beating them feel so much better and makes hating them so much easier. It gives Oregon a sort of under-duck mentality when we have been the better team for the last two decades easily. 

What was originally just the title to a fight song that became a dominant slogan over time was written in 1915, and referenced the heroic and tragic stand of western allies against the Ottoman Turks in WWI in the area known as the Dardanelles. 

The term, however, most likely references a more ancient tradition among warring groups of that area where edicts by despots were often signed, “fear this and trembling obey”.

How quickly a “classic needing TLC”, turns into “needing some work” and morphs into “selling for parts”.

• Haha 1

It's bad in Huskyville:

You assume we are trying to compete in CFP. Not much I have seen that convinces me that we're trying to keep pace with Oregon, and now USC,

and then a response,

Perhaps, but those Montana Grizz better watch out!

• Haha 1

The pup fans hatred of Oregon is amusing. They should be more concerned about the sinking ship that their football program has become. 

In their minds they want to go from a program that is in serious trouble, to immediately qualifying for the CFP. Seems to me that they need to focus on plugging some rather big holes in the rusty bucket that their football program has become. 

Pup fans can hate the Ducks all you want, but it is time for some of your fans to have a reality check. 

Oregon is just a better place to coach and play…lol

• Thumbs Up 1

We fans are at the mercy of the Athletic Director, and we have to live with their mistakes or rejoice in their selections.  For all the shade at Mullens....we have been quite fortunate to have HIS decisions, and not that of the Washington ADs who hired the string of bad coaches to bring about a 0-12 campaign and now brought them a former Jimmy Lake.

The current hire is less than impressive compared to Lanning, and we have to thank Mullens for having Oregon in the position to attract him.  Rob has made mistakes, but hiring coaches is a lot harder than it looks, and setting up the right kind of contract only looks correct after-the-fact.

IMHO!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/1/2022 at 10:28 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I am sorry if this is a bit much, but I have NEVER seen anything like this in my years of being an Oregon fan.  First we turn a couple of their verbals to us, then recruit their players leaving them via the portal, and now take their elite recruiter WR coach?

It is so rare that I have to savor it while I can, and yeah...I appreciate alliteration!  (Below is from a major Husky forum)

If you leave UW to go to UO...

"You were never a Dawg. There is no way any self-respecting Dawg would have anything to do with UO. This is true whether you're a coach, who are somewhat mercenaries, or even more so if you were a player. You've now been expunged from Husky history and will henceforth no longer be considered a Dawg, only traitorous pond scum. Fan speak to be sure, but it's how I feel. Screw them."

"Position coaches are strictly “climbers “, of course he wasn’t a “dawg”…. Having said that, defecting to that school is nauseating and shameful."

"Leaving UW for Oregon is an act of treason. There is no higher crime."

How it Looks for Washington...

"It’s bad optics to continue to get our lunch taken by the chief rival (see: Roberts, Mells, etc.). Perception drives reality, whether he’s a good coach or not."

"Find this very difficult to believe. But if it does play out and Adams leaves, UW needs a new athletic director."

"Is he (Adams) that great a recruiter? Not sure about that."

Answer:  "McMillan, Rome, Puka and Germie all would agree with me. Those 4 are better pulls than any other WR coach we’ve had in decades.  All from out of state too."

Washington Fan_Video_FP.jpg

How can we NOT have fun with this?

Love it Fish and man they be a " HATING ' that legendary Green and Yellow and Puddles to boot. I will have to agree with one thing only to what that one poster said. If your an ex Duck player that's just one place you never ever put in a resume to coach any position coach on that team. That's why I clearly have a bad taste in my mouth about Wilcox and he crossed the line in going there period. The Washington Husky's have clearly shown their disdain for Oregon from way back in the day. I'm talking over 70 years of their ridiculous hate.

Anyways what I'm trying to say about the people up north is this quit acting like children your supposed be adults. It is pretty funny though how far they have fallen. The HC that just took that job has got a huge task he might not even be able to fix. We should be grateful for Oregon and what they are trying to get done even though I think it's gonna take a bit more to get the one goal that has just passed us by like 4 close times. It just takes once so everything needs to line up correctly so hopefully Ty is ready to take the QB position and not look back.

If it's Bo Nix then so be it and I know Oregon fans want points back like at least a 40 point a game avg and a DC that knows how to slow down offenses and great at game planning against the best. Recruiting or final recruiting will be here in just a tad over a month so that first and second SPRING PRACTICE then team workouts and positioning for summer and hopefully an LSU type of season a couple years back when they whipped everybody including BAMA to win it all. We wont have to talk about the Purple ugly's up north again except for laughing at their losses.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, Wood Duck said:

Buttsniffers... thats funny! Considering how bad the Fuskies have been, are we sure we want any of 'em?

Ben Roberts film says we are getting a guy who should be able to get into next years rotation and he has all the tools to be great not good but great. As we've all seen we still seem to be having a hard time recruiting even 4 star DL here. That's the one position that Oregon is the worst at. Now LB and DB is a whole different animal and I think we have as good back there as anyone not named Bama or Georgia. I counted quite a few 4 star DL just in the state of Texas and we didn't sign one. Could this change, well Tosh Lupoi is finally coming to Eugene and that's clearly why.

The guy has recruited 4 and 5 star DL guys wherever he's been and other positions as well. So I expect on February 5th we will get at least 2  Four star DT's on this squad. Also these former Husky DL obviously see the what's going on down south of them and it's been eye opening for quite some time now. Yes they are sniffing out Buttocks odor clear up there and they not be liking it one bit. HAHAHA LOL you royal BUTTSNIFFERONNIES.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, David Marsh said:

This is by far the worst thing Washington has going for them is this supremely dumb slogan. Not even Alabama had a slogan like this, which by the way is probably the only school that probably has an actual argument to such a redoculous slogan.

To me, It’s “Bow Dow as in Bow and arrows. “Bow down” means Washington gives up, admits the hunt is over, is outta arrows, and the Duck got away snd flying high still. 

On 1/2/2022 at 12:16 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We fans are at the mercy of the Athletic Director, and we have to live with their mistakes or rejoice in their selections.  For all the shade at Mullens....we have been quite fortunate to have HIS decisions, and not that of the Washington ADs who hired the string of bad coaches to bring about a 0-12 campaign and now brought them a former Jimmy Lake.

The current hire is less than impressive compared to Lanning, and we have to thank Mullens for having Oregon in the position to attract him.  Rob has made mistakes, but hiring coaches is a lot harder than it looks, and setting up the right kind of contract only looks correct after-the-fact.

IMHO!

Not sure we should have to compare the decisions of Mullens to Washington's AD to make him look good. He has done some good things, the dawgs on the other hand, are a dumpster fire.

I will agree hindsight can make somebody feel pretty smart. I can also admit, that is often when I am at my best!

On 1/2/2022 at 1:14 PM, Haywarduck said:

Washington ADs who hired the string of bad coaches to bring about a 0-12 campaign and now brought them a former Jimmy Lake.

Let's not forget Hopkins in BBall, won two coach of the year awards with Romar's recruits, and then turned into a Duck's best friend.

• Haha 2