Charles Fischer

Georgia AND Oregon: Lanning's Weekend Didn't Suck

Don't touch Dan Lanning right now...you'll burn your fingers as he is HOT!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Cole Martin..."tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 9 cornerback and No. 88 prospect overall in the 2023 class."

• Thumbs Up 2

While game planning to mow down MU on the way to the championship, he's also solidifying the Ducks staff and players while appearently

taking up a new hobby of tormenting the Fuskies. Busy guy.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 1/1/2022 at 12:45 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

taking up a new hobby of tormenting the Fuskies. Busy guy.

Hasn't even coached a game against them yet and they hate him already!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, 30Duck said:

They already hated him because he will be wearing green and yellow full time... 

But this is peak Kelly and Cristobal levels of hate out the gate. 

I already love Lanning. 

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

So we swap DB coaches with Colorado and get get a top 10 DB recruit thrown in. Sweet! 

This young man appears to be a leader and field general to boot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Longest 9 months of our lives coming up.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/1/2022 at 2:27 PM, Steven A said:

Longest 9 months of our lives coming up.

Nope two months until Spring Football, and 7.5 months until fall camp, and eight months to the first game.  Let's not stretch this out!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Remember the Alamo. Don't forget signing day in a month.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2022 at 5:19 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Remember the Alamo. Don't forget signing day in a month.

Yes and there still are a lot of fish to fry in the pan so I will believe Lanning and this staff will bring a respectable end to this game called recruiting. I still think he can get this to around 15 to 9th in the end.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:45 AM, MaiTaiDuck said:

Yes and there still are a lot of fish to fry in the pan so I will believe Lanning and this staff will bring a respectable end to this game called recruiting. I still think he can get this to around 15 to 9th in the end.

Especially if Lannings D does it's job and Georgia wins the Title it will be talked about a long time. That will only win hearts and minds of some of these 4 and 5 star guys still on the board not sure quite just yet where they wanna be for the next 3 to 4 years. Let Phil open up his pocketbook and let the winds of war take place.

Lanning's insane work rate is making jaws drop but remember the lesson we should all have learned this past season: good recruiting is nice but it's the COACHING, dummy!

On 1/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, toketeeman said:

good recruiting is nice but it's the COACHING, dummy!

Agreed, but we don't see that for a while.  For now I'd like to celebrate what he is doing, and doing FAST.  Plenty of time for "Critical Analysis" later...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, 30Duck said:

It’s the gift that keeps on giving!

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, toketeeman said:

Lanning's insane work rate is making jaws drop but remember the lesson we should all have learned this past season: good recruiting is nice but it's the COACHING, dummy!

Good recruiting alone basically made the Cristobal era a success. We had some players develop well but I would say many more have yet to reach their full potential with some who were just so naturally talented they just needed a little help to develop... see Penei Sewell and Noah Sewell on that front. I'd argue that KT is a far cry away from what he is fully capable of, I feel a good NFL coach will push him to his next level, not unlike Herbert.

You have to have good players to create the floor of the program... from there the coaching takes over and elevates that raw talent into something magnificent. We have the good players and the floor of the program and that floor is pretty darn high ... now is the time we develop and continue recruit to to raise that floor.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, David Marsh said:

I'd argue that KT is a far cry away from what he is fully capable of, I feel a good NFL coach will push him to his next level, not unlike Herbert.

I believe Funa is another who k is better than he had performed so far.  That guy used to seal the edge and make plays.  Dinner of that is scheme in my opinion, some of it technique.

I expect him to truly devour this year.

On 1/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, Washington Waddler said:

It’s the gift that keeps on giving!

UW's newest major will be announced soon:

"C.O.C.H.T.101" (Critical Oregon Coach Hatred Theory 101)

PS: Most Fuskie Faithful are already indoctrinated, so this will be a 1/2 credit program, i.e., "1/2 C.O.C.H.T. 101"

Edited by woundedknees
  • Haha 2

Yeah... I'd have to say that Lanning had a decent weekend on the field.

Holding a very good Michigan team to 11 points -- who up until yesterday had averaged nearly 40 points per game this season, kind of impresses the daylights out of me. 

On 1/2/2022 at 4:24 PM, woundedknees said:

UW's newest major will be announced soon:

"C.O.C.H.T.101" (Critical Oregon Coach Hatred Theory 101)

PS: Most Fuskie Faithful are already indoctrinated, so this will be a 1/2 credit program, i.e., "1/2 C.O.C.H.T. 101"

How did you come up with that piece. I'm still laughing. Brilliant Simply Brilliant.