Flyin Vee

Who Knew You Could....

Throw the deep ball on the UTES? That knowledge may have helped the ducks game plan, if only they had video........

as a duck, my empathy for UTE fan today is off the charts. Heartbreak.

good grief. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a sad ending.  I was really rooting for them.  Their defense just seemed to run out of gas towards the end.  But Utah made a game of it and were more than competitive.

Edited by 47sgs

On 1/2/2022 at 1:35 PM, Flyin Vee said:

Throw the deep ball on the UTES? That knowledge may have helped the ducks game plan, if only they had video........

as a duck, my empathy for UTE fan today is off the charts. Heartbreak.

good grief. 

To be fair to ourselves...having CJ Stroud tossing the ball to Jaxon Smith-Njigba is a luxury very few teams (if any) have.

I'm looking forward to the rematch in Autzen.

Tough loss for the Utes and their fans. We have been there and done that as Ducks fans. It hurts........

The Ducks and Utes proved that some teams from the PAC can play with the bluebloods......

Any other takers from the PAC want to step up?

I truly hope the Utes can maintain their program at this high level 

On 1/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, WolfDuck said:

To be fair to ourselves...having CJ Stroud tossing the ball to Jaxon Smith-Njigba is a luxury very few teams (if any) have.

I'm looking forward to the rematch in Autzen.

To be fair Hutson, Franklin and Thornton didn't get to see the ball tossed their way too often. I'm looking forward to a redo on that situation going forward!

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh it was apparent this year.  The problem is most coaches run their offense to suit their egos. 

The one flaw I saw was their secondary.  A lifelong friend of mine from Ohio discussed the game this week.  We BOTH thought the Buckeyes would torch that secondary.    

We just wondered if the Utes had enough of a run game to win the game, because we also think Ohio State can't stop the run.  

Utah is a hard nosed football team just outside the talent level to be lethal.  They don't beat themselves, you have to outplay them.  But it was clear early this year you could beat their secondary (BYU exposed them).  

Part of the reason is the Utes did nothing to make Stroud uncomfortable. He had plenty of time and very little pressure. 

On 1/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Tough loss for the Utes and their fans. We have been there and done that as Ducks fans. It hurts........

The Ducks and Utes proved that some teams from the PAC can play with the bluebloods......

Any other takers from the PAC want to step up?

I truly hope the Utes can maintain their program at this high level 

I think the chances of the Utes’ maintaining their high level of play looks very promising for next season. In his post game presser Whittingham mentioned that 72 of the 85 scholarship players on the team will return in 2022.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not MVP Covey

• Thumbs Up 1

Good riddance to him!

On 1/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, Flyin Vee said:

Not just deep balls but passes over the middle of the field as well. 

Oregon may not have beaten the Utes with a better QB but it would have gone from a one sided beatdown I to a shootout and given Oregon a fighting chance. 

In both games the Oregon defense was woefully depleted and the offense had lost all starting WRs. 

But our young receivers have spent much of the past four games running pretty open. Just need to get them the ball. 

Covey’s only 24 years old.  Is he done already?

On 1/2/2022 at 10:14 PM, Threeputt said:

Covey’s only 24 years old.  Is he done already?

Two years more of eligibility if he wants it. 

He took two years off for a mission and then he got some bonus years due to injury. 

He has more years of eligibility than Cam McCormick.