BigDog

This is Great to See

I am so glad this effort is being made. It gives me hope that the other coaches are looking back on what made Oregon great so that they can move forward for a great future. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

The Greatest is missing from the list! Where is LaMike at?

• Thumbs Up 1

LaMike and he have talked.  LaMike put Coach Locklyn in touch with the best RB coach ever, Gary Campbell.  My guess is that The Michael or Campbell gave that list to Coach Locklyn. 

Edited by DuckHeart
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2022 at 3:01 PM, DuckHeart said:

LaMike and he have talked.  LaMike put Coach Locklyn in touch with the best RB coach ever, Gary Campbell.  My guess is that The Michael or Campbell gave that list to Coach Locklyn. 

Thank you for clearing that up. Seemed odd he was not listed. Now it makes some since.

Here is Locklyn's tribute to Gary Campbell.   I for one have totally been hooked by this new staff.

g_rZsdRB_x96.jpg

Respect should be the first thing you give. #CoachCamDaStandard4Me

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don't forget Bobby Moore, but it is great to see an acknowledgment to the past, while we move forward. Were we ahead of our times or what, Duck Dope!

images-2.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Very heartwarming, as the Lanning staff is already starting to create a "family" vibe.  Love it!

And thank you BigDog for posting it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Don't know that previous staffs have done this. Today Locklyn became a Duck imo. As much so as anyone. Very nice.

On 1/5/2022 at 3:07 PM, DuckHeart said:

Here is Locklyn's tribute to Gary Campbell.   I for one have totally been hooked by this new staff.

g_rZsdRB_x96.jpg

Respect should be the first thing you give. #CoachCamDaStandard4Me

Man, I sure miss this guy.  He was a mentor to SO MANY!  Your hollering to the Shining stars but he had a lot of Players in his groups.  Some may not have shined as Bright as the ones you called out but Gary Campbell made them men.

A few I can name Dante Rosario, Remene Alston Jr., Andre Crenshaw,  Ayele Forde, Byron Marshall, Kenny Bassett, Thomas Tyner, Kani Benoit, Tony Brooks-James, Taj Griffin, Charles Nelson.  Now many of these players, did not grab the attention of the ones that had been mentioned but they still wowed and often made some great plays when on the field.

Thomas Tyner made the playoff game against FSU memorable, highly rated recruit that eventually took a medical retirement from Oregon.  Dante Rosario, who moved to TE and excelled, joining the NFL, cause he kept on growing.  Marshall and Nelson who became hybrid running back receivers with very memorable moments for Oregon.  Benoit, Alston Jr, Griffin, Brooks James, all wonderful athletes when the opportunity to play came their way but with too many talented players above them.

There was just not enough balls to be handed out, time for all of them to find their niche.  But all of them were students of Campbell and became better men.  Thanks Coach Campbell for ALL you have done for Oregon.  So many exciting players, excelled under your tutelage.

• Thumbs Up 3