DanLduck

New Oregon CB Coach Brings Top Defender with him to Oregon.

Christian Gonzalez has followed his CB coach from Colorado to the Ducks. He is from 2020 class and was a 4* recruit from Texas. This seems like a great get with our needs at DB.

• Thumbs Up 3

Demetrius Martin is the new DB coach. His son is a 2023 4* recruit and has verbalized his commitment to the Ducks also.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry I thought we already had a DB Coach who brought his son with him for the class of 23? Who is Gonzalez? I must be blind as I don't remember him being hired or is he a safety's coach?

On 1/8/2022 at 6:38 PM, MaiTaiDuck said:

I'm sorry I thought we already had a DB Coach who brought his son with him for the class of 23? Who is Gonzalez? I must be blind as I don't remember him being hired or is he a safety's coach?

Coach Meat did bring his 4* recruit son over with him. But Gonzalez, Colorado's best defender, is following him now too.

• Thanks 1

Christian Gonzales was also a 4-Star on Rivals and his offer sheet is impressive as Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Alabama were among those pursuing him in 2020. He is listed in the Buffalo roster as a freshman, so boy--you are right about him helping us in a position of need with experience?  HUGE RECRUIT!  (Transfer) Now a Duck!

CU Buffs' Christian Gonzalez to transfer – BuffZone

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

It is a crazy age with the transfer portal where players can now follow coaches... To a degree. 

• Thumbs Up 1

While so many of us enjoy seeing top recruiting classes, I'm wondering if that becomes more of a mute point with an active transfer portal?

• Thumbs Up 3

It is a nice thing to have other colleges train players for the first or second years and then steal them through the transfer portal. Alabama is using it rather nicely and is all perfectly legal. Tampering is running amuck I think. 

So use it or get left in the dust for sure.

looks like DL knows how to use it.