30Duck

What's Interesting Besides Oregon being in this Top 25 is the Team that Isn't in it

It takes a while to get through this list, so I'll save you the time. Oregon is No. 16. Utah is No.10, Miami is No.11? But USC is nowhere to be seen. The Trojans are actually listed in "The Next 25" along with  ASU and UCLA at the bottom of the page. 

Funny how, according to their list, Oregon's game with Georgia next season is called a "home" game on Georgia's schedule, yet called "neutral" on Oregon's. 

Neutral .... sure.

Edited by Krsmqn

I have said a few times that I don't think Riley is going to be the fix-all at $C. I believe Lincoln Riley given undeserved status. The Sooner team he inherited became progressively worse through his 4 years there. Maybe other think the same.

• Thumbs Up 2

Was never impressed with Riley at OU. Skeptical he'll do all that much at SC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think No. 16 in a pre-season ranking is quite generous.  We'll take it!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

1 and 3 in bowl games.

After a trip to the CFP, Michigan comes in at #20. 

These things mean anything at this time-never have. Just a kinda fun read.

Edited by 1Ducker1

Some may not agree but........ Lanning wasnt hired to rebuild or re tool, He was hired for immediate results. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2022 at 12:27 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

He was hired for immediate results. 

You're right, and so far, the immediate results have been great!

• Thumbs Up 2

A reasonable year one goal would be for players to at least match their star level on the field. If that gets done, then they should be favored in 11 out of 12 games. 

With some decisive wins, backups should get plenty of reps to help contribute when injuries occur. With solid on field results, recruiting should hum along.

The cupboard is far from bare. The coaching should drastically improve. A top ten season should be within reach. 

• Thumbs Up 1

McMurphy? I would place little reliance of this. A+M at 4. Why? A+M just bought a top recruiting class but has uncertainty at QB and plays at Bama.

I agree with Charles, 16 is a decent preseason ranking for the Ducks. I expect close to every preseason poll will have Utah ranked the highest in the Pac-12?  But Utah has to cone to Autzen.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I expect close to every preseason poll will have Utah ranked the highest in the Pac-12?  But Utah has to cone to Autzen.

You'd think so, and maybe all the Riley noise is just that. But pre-season predictions are the backbone of hype and I expect to see at least a few having USC win the Pac-12 and crash the CFP. 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

But Utah has to cone to Autzen.

I expect nothing less than an @$$whoppin🤩

With Quality Coaching, we will see if Oregon lays a third egg with Utah.  First objective, is get players on the field.  Get them coached up and then PLAY FOOTBALL.  This last part has been lacking.  Looking forward to some playing up to opponents, getting a great lead.  Then getting some young guns some game reps, building depth and owning our opponents.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/9/2022 at 1:19 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

A reasonable year one goal would be for players to at least match their star level on the field. If that gets done, then they should be favored in 11 out of 12 games. 

With some decisive wins, backups should get plenty of reps to help contribute when injuries occur. With solid on field results, recruiting should hum along.

The cupboard is far from bare. The coaching should drastically improve. A top ten season should be within reach. 

Yes I have to agree with you as I looked at Oregon's schedule and they should be favored to win every game except the first one. This team will have a lot of younger players who have experience help this team. I expect Oregon's defense to be the best it's ever been and our offense explosive enough to hopefully put up 40 points a game as in attack all defenses.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2