Red Eddy Green

Duck Wire has an opinion starting QB in Pac12

Interesting article.

But the author kinda bails on the Duck QB prediction by saying he wouldn’t bet money, and it’s illogical, but the fan in him predicts Ty beats out Bo in 2022.

He may be right, but his arguments seems to work against him.  

This was written before DeLaura transferred out of WSU, and Dart is probably the starter at USC, but what if Williams follows Riley? A real chunk of UW history crumbles if a Huard gets passed up by a transfer. Oregon?  I'll go with it's wide open. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I might be wrong but I think Bo Nix will be our starting QB.

Edited by 1Ducker1

Just a matter of which - "Bo Nix" or "Ty Thompson" - is more euphonic. "Bo" connotes power, but "Ty" sounds more like a bookworm . . . yes, marketing is everything.

• Haha 1

I think Anthony was very lucky this season. It was a miracle he didn't get injured with the way he was used. 

I just hope we have at least two very competitive qb's, we probably will need them. The way Georgia plays defense we might need the second guy sooner than later.

I don't know, of course, but I'd say Bo. Bo has experience playing versus UGA and playing in front of huge and hostile crowds in the SEC. He will be facing far lesser Ds in the Pac-12 than he did in the SEC.

And, he has a W against Saint Nick and Bama and has played for Dillingham.

My hope is butters finds his groove and tosses Ty-Bo on the bench. I love the underdog!