Charles Fischer

Whoa! New Oregon DC Candidates Materializing TODAY

The article is right here with some great new names...

Mr. FishDuck

Until he's eliminated, I'm leaning towards Cristobal  and Lupoi reuniting, the "discipline" that Woody would bring from Army is intriguing. 

1 hour ago, 30Duck said:

Cristobal and Lupoi

Your edit clock is running.....

8 minutes ago, hydrophobic said:

Your edit clock is running.....

Thanks.

I am intrigued by Coach Arnett. I'm a big fan of the 3-3-5 scheme, and the guys from Coach Long's coaching tree are masterful at running it. Though, a buddy and I were just talking, and Coach Schumann is a really nice candidate. Georgia only allowed 69.3 rushing yards per game.

There does seem to be a common factor among the coaches on the list. Most of them run an odd front.

6 minutes ago, Coach Eric Boles said:

I am intrigued by Coach Arnett. I'm a big fan of the 3-3-5 scheme, and the guys from Coach Long's coaching tree are masterful at running it. Though, a buddy and I were just talking, and Coach Schumann is a really nice candidate. Georgia only allowed 69.3 rushing yards per game.

There does seem to be a common factor among the coaches on the list. Most of them run an odd front.

I'm liking Schumann right now... Need a defense that stops opposing offenses in their tracks. 

If the offense gets rolling under Moorhead with a strong defense we will be going to the playoff sooner rather than later. 

So many good candidates...hire a good one Mario!

Jim Leavitt_EJ.jpg

This one...I'll pass on!

Mr. FishDuck

Need one from the East that can recruit from the East. 

39 minutes ago, BigDucksFan said:

Need one from the East that can recruit from the East. 

Gotta expand that recruiting footprint. One of the biggest reasons why hiring from the outside is highly beneficial.

Glenn Schumann or Tosh seem like the best candidates at the moment. Both of them can recruit, have experience at a position group, and have top notch pedigrees. No proven play calling abilities, as supposedly Tosh didn’t have DC success at Alabama and at Georgia I believe that Lanning is the play caller and not Schumann. I’m on the record as valuing scheme over play-to-play calls on defense.

Recruiting is where both of them could make their mark. While we have obviously improved that area significantly there are still needs, and we know in the long term that’s the name of the game. If we could have added another elite DL and DB from the past two cycles that would make an enormous difference.