Charles Fischer

USC's QB Jaxson Dart Entering Portal? Whew!

So, that means that Caleb from Oklahoma is a given to USC?

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/10/2022 at 10:39 AM, Charles Fischer said:

So, that means that Caleb from Oklahoma is a given to USC?

It sure seems that will happen, sorry Eastern Michigan. 

• Haha 1

Wonder if he might go home and give BYU a try or is there a B1G or Big 12 team who might seek him out?

WOW! The inmates have taken over the asylum that was once CFB.

Agree that this means Caleb Williams follows Riley as will other very good Oklahoma football players.

Will we see Dart playing for BYU or UTAH in Autzen next season? Maybe see him playing QB for UGA?

I see that prized Beaver recruit Sam Vidlak from Grass Pants has transferred to Boise State.

So, Oregon's all over Dart right?.....is he not better than Nix?.....if Nix isn't penciled in as the starter why would we not pursue Dart?....the competition thing remember?

On 1/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, RkyMtnGuy said:

Oregon's all over Dart right?.....is he not better than Nix?.....if Nix isn't penciled in as the starter why would we not pursue Dart?....the competition thing remember?

Competition is all well and good but with the transfer portal there is a balancing act that needs to happen. Taking another QB will probably result in the loss of most of the QB room. Which means there is no competition and no depth because Thompson and Butterfield leave. 

Also... No scholarship spots really left for another QB at this time. There are far greater needs to be filled than another QB, even one with some good potential. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, David Marsh said:

Competition is all well and good but with the transfer portal there is a balancing act that needs to happen. Taking another QB will probably result in the loss of most of the QB room. Which means there is no competition and no depth because Thompson and Butterfield leave. 

Also... No scholarship spots really left for another QB at this time. There are far greater needs to be filled than another QB, even one with some good potential. 

Or Nix has been promised the job and Dart might mess that up.....color me skeptical....didn't Ashford leave?....there's room for another QB.

Just start developing more Stetson Bennett type qbs who sticks it out through the competition, and can lead a team. So far we have a couple of those guys, and don't need another transfer.

Not against Bo transferring or leading the team, but Oregon needs to support, develop and play some talent they recruit. Transfer are a great tool to bring in competition and upgrade the talent level, but can't be the new way to fill our positions.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:21 AM, RkyMtnGuy said:

Or Nix has been promised the job and Dart might mess that up.....color me skeptical....didn't Ashford leave?....there's room for another QB.

Ashford left pretty much because he didn't see the prospect of moving up on the depth chart, in part because he was already behind Thompson and Butterfield but adding Nix to the mix only cements him at the bottom of the depth chart for scholarship qbs. 

Nix took the new addition for a qb this year as it is highly unlikely that Oregon would be adding a prep prospect. Technically with Ashford leaving there may be "an open spot" but I think that scholarship spot is just going to be used for a position of need. Oregon doesn't have that many open scholarships and filling one with a quarterback that would likely result in netting only an additional player on the bench. 

It is possible Oregon goes after another QB.. it all depends on whether the staff feels there is more value in adding another quarterback, especially from the portal, or to keep who they have at QB. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:00 AM, David Marsh said:

It is possible Oregon goes after another QB.. it all depends on whether the staff feels there is more value in adding another quarterback, especially from the portal, or to keep who they have at QB. 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, 30Duck said:

It has less to do about Bo Nix and his talent... as I do think Thompson or Butterfield will probably win out and if they don't I will be concerned for the program. 

I think the bigger question comes around scholarship count and whether or not the new staff wants to allocate another scholarship for a quarterback. It is certainly possible... but I don't think it will be likely.