Ktmguy2018

Great PR on the Biggest Stage

I know most of the folks on this forum have been duck fans through the good, the bad, and the ugly.  We care about the entire Oregon brand and want to see success in all athletics and academics.

Tonight, U of O got some tremendous PR from the national championship game.  Both Herbstreit and Fowler mentioned multiple times how the Georgia defense was performing, crediting the players and Dan Lanning.  There were at least three occasions where those comments were followed by "the new coach at Oregon" or something similar.

An earlier graphic in the game showed Lanning on the sidelines and that he was recently hired as the Ducks head coach.

In another year where the PAC-12 is noticeably absent from the playoff, getting that kind of spotlight beamed on the program is invaluable. 

The fact that it came on the biggest stage in college football, and the outcome was impressive from the defensive side of the ball made the attention that much better.

• Thumbs Up 9

On 1/10/2022 at 10:21 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

I know most of the folks on this forum have been duck fans through the good, the bad, and the ugly.  We care about the entire Oregon brand and want to see success in all athletics and academics.

Tonight, U of O got some tremendous PR from the national championship game.  Both Herbstreit and Fowler mentioned multiple times how the Georgia defense was performing, crediting the players and Dan Lanning.  There were at least three occasions where those comments were followed by "the new coach at Oregon" or something similar.

An earlier graphic in the game showed Lanning on the sidelines and that he was recently hired as the Ducks head coach.

In another year where the PAC-12 is noticeably absent from the playoff, getting that kind of spotlight beamed on the program is invaluable. 

The fact that it came on the biggest stage in college football, and the outcome was impressive from the defensive side of the ball made the attention that much better.

That's what I was hoping is the Lanning's defense would stop Bama and yes they did it. I have had the team I wanted to win it all and it happened. This is huge for Oregon and SC got Riley as who cares he fled because he new he wouldn't be able to win in the SEC so he fled to SC thinking he would make SC great again. Not gonna happen because Oregon hired a better HC and it will start happening as soon as today Tuesday the 11th.

• Thumbs Up 1

It really came together perfectly. Georgia's D, scorched by Alabama a month ago, holds the Tide to FG after FG. Alabama finally takes the lead, but Georgia takes it back, and ends it all with a Pick-6!!!Now the DC of that defense is the head coach at Oregon, and his first game is Oregon vs. Georgia!

I just wonder how many players will be forced to look elsewhere if DL starts using the win and the portal to acquire some high end talent. 

Our heads might be spinning even more than they are now.

Fun times ahead me thinks. Unless of coarse we all loose our minds.

go🦆🦆🦆s